Contributor

Re: It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Post by jhawks99 »

NC or Bust
Trust me bro
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Heading to T-Mobile tonight. Might make it in by the 2nd media timeout. Plan to make no noise and be in the bar line for much of it. Rock Chalk!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think it's games like this one that I'd like to cut out of our scheduling.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think they need to tie the KC game into one of the conference challenges or a home-away-neutral series.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:21 am I think it's games like this one that I'd like to cut out of our scheduling.
I'm fine with KU playing a non-con game at t-mobile, allows KU alum that live in KC that can't drive to Lawrence on a weeknight to see their team in person. I just wish it was a more competitive team they played. KU needs to play a tougher non-con schedule leading up to the Big 12 games.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I remember Roi loosing to them in the 2nd round. Not really payback but...
Trust me bro
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:24 am I think they need to tie the KC game into one of the conference challenges or a home-away-neutral series.
But it's so much fun when we beat UK at Rupp :). But yes, two of the Mizzou games will be at t-mobile.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

shindig wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:46 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:24 am I think they need to tie the KC game into one of the conference challenges or a home-away-neutral series.
But it's so much fun when we beat UK at Rupp :). But yes, two of the Mizzou games will be at t-mobile.
I think tickets are split 50/50 in the mizzou series, though. Or maybe we get home gate one year and miz gets the other.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:34 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:21 am I think it's games like this one that I'd like to cut out of our scheduling.
I'm fine with KU playing a non-con game at t-mobile, allows KU alum that live in KC that can't drive to Lawrence on a weeknight to see their team in person. I just wish it was a more competitive team they played. KU needs to play a tougher non-con schedule leading up to the Big 12 games.
Right, I should have been clearer. I'm good with the T-Mobile game. I'm just not wild about the category of opponent it tends to be against.
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:05 am
shindig wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:46 am
I think tickets are split 50/50 in the mizzou series, though. Or maybe we get home gate one year and miz gets the other.
yeah I believe it's a 6 year setup, 2 in Larry, 2 in Columbia and 2 in KC, alternating each year. First game is in Larry.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:08 am
Right, I should have been clearer. I'm good with the T-Mobile game. I'm just not wild about the category of opponent it tends to be against.
Kansas used to book a little better opponent for the KC game and then everyone complained that KU frequently played flat and lost the game, ruining Date Night.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Yep, agree, a team to get excited about playing. Louisville, Cincy, WSU, etc. A lot of Shocker fans live in KC and would probably make the drive even from Wichita.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:14 am

Kansas used to book a little better opponent for the KC game and then everyone complained that KU frequently played flat and lost the game, ruining Date Night.
It has everything to do with the home-and-home contract.

KU refuses to do a home-and-home series with Sprint Center as part of it. Will only do it if it is a home-away-neutral for KU, with KU of course getting the Sprint Center gate.

For the same reasons, KU refuses to do a buy-game for the game. It's all money.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

shindig wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:15 am

Yep, agree, a team to get excited about playing. Louisville, Cincy, WSU, etc. A lot of Shocker fans live in KC and would probably make the drive even from Wichita.
Why on earth would Kansas agree to play Wichita State in Kansas City? They aren't having problems selling out the tickets. It's already less than a true home game, why bring in a team that will take 30+% of the tickets?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:18 am

KU refuses to do a home-and-home series with Sprint Center as part of it. Will only do it if it is a home-away-neutral for KU, with KU of course getting the Sprint Center gate.

Then get creative. Do it Allen/Pauley/T-Mobile/Crypto.com, or similar.
shindig

Post by shindig »

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:22 am
shindig wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:15 am

Why on earth would Kansas agree to play Wichita State in Kansas City? They aren't having problems selling out the tickets. It's already less than a true home game, why bring in a team that will take 30+% of the tickets?
Yeah, didn't think about that. Fvck WSU :).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:22 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:18 am

Then get creative. Do it Allen/Pauley/T-Mobile/Crypto.com, or similar.
Yep.

I think the desire is there on our end, as that is basically the mizzou series.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

Call me a bad fan, but I just can't seem to give a shit about the game tonight having the knowledge that we get to pound Mizzou in Lawrence this weekend.
Ain't no seats
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I give a shit about all their games so I am looking forward to seeing how Pettiford's minutes get redistributed. Hopefully Yesefu can give us more than one really high jump on a dunk attempt and JCL can hit multiple threes.

I'd also like to see some progress from Wilson at both ends of the floor.

Oh random fun fact, UTEP guard Jamal Bienemy, averaging 16ppg, is Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy's nephew.