We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
defixione
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by defixione »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:53 pm

🤡
Cool pic. Everyone's got their dick out at the same time. A legit circle jerk.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:35 am I have always enjoyed gov huckabee. He is like a poormans newt gingrich.

He has it figured out.
Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

I bet Mich thinks the new Gutfeld! show is a real hoot, too!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Texas, always looking to be the vanguard for "freedom" is now moving forward with SB4, the Star Spangled Banner Protection Act. This bill requires any sports team that has a contract with a government entity (ie lease for a publicly owned building) to play the US national anthem before all sporting events. Because a mainstay of "freedom", is mandating how private corporations celebrate and express "freedom".

The always freedom loving Lt Gov Dan Patrick said, "We must always remember that America is the land of the free and the home of the brave."

So sing it.....whether you want to or not.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

japhy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:58 pm This is a great story.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/04 ... eedom.html
So inspiring!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:43 am
japhy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:58 pm This is a great story.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/04 ... eedom.html
So inspiring!
The smile on Donnie's face is all the reward the RNC wanted for such a magnanimous gift.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump will turn him into a jack n the box. Then maybe wish him into the corn.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desant ... l-into-law

"Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday signed into law Florida’s "anti-riot" bill, which increases penalties for crimes committed during riots and is aimed at "combating public disorder."
The law, which goes into effect immediately, grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road and allows authorities to hold arrested demonstrators from posting bail until after their first court date. The legislation increases the charge for battery on a police officer during a riot and adds language that could force local governments to justify a reduction in law enforcement budgets.

The bill allows people to sue local governments over personal or property damages if they were determined to have interfered with law enforcement response during civil unrest. It also increases penalties for protesters who block roadways or deface public monuments and creates a new crime, "mob intimidation."

So let me get this straight. "grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road" means that the guy who murdered the protestor in Charlottesville by ramming his car through a street full of protesters would face no criminal charges if he did the same thing in Florida, am I reading that right?!?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

yup
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I think the message they are trying to relay is "you don't have a free pass to act like a savage here in the state of florida like they do in other states. If you need to act like a savage go elsewhere."

That's all.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:02 am https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desant ... l-into-law

"Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday signed into law Florida’s "anti-riot" bill, which increases penalties for crimes committed during riots and is aimed at "combating public disorder."
The law, which goes into effect immediately, grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road and allows authorities to hold arrested demonstrators from posting bail until after their first court date. The legislation increases the charge for battery on a police officer during a riot and adds language that could force local governments to justify a reduction in law enforcement budgets.

The bill allows people to sue local governments over personal or property damages if they were determined to have interfered with law enforcement response during civil unrest. It also increases penalties for protesters who block roadways or deface public monuments and creates a new crime, "mob intimidation."

So let me get this straight. "grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road" means that the guy who murdered the protestor in Charlottesville by ramming his car through a street full of protesters would face no criminal charges if he did the same thing in Florida, am I reading that right?!?
I'm not a lawyer and I'm not defending this bill in any way but...

" grants civil legal immunity "
I think this means they can't be sued. They could be charged crimminally.
Broham
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:09 amyup
No.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:22 am
No.
you’re correct, i misread what twocoach
posted
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:26 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:22 am
No.
you’re correct, i misread what twocoach
posted
Although nothing Florida does would surprise me at this point...so there's that.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

governor desantos has piloted his state through these rough waters better than most.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:37 am governor desantos has piloted his state through these rough waters better than most.
So dumb
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:02 am https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desant ... l-into-law

I'm not a lawyer and I'm not defending this bill in any way but...

" grants civil legal immunity "
I think this means they can't be sued. They could be charged crimminally.
Yeah, good point. I guess my caffeine hadn't kicked in yet. Still, that feels like it is encouraging someone to make the same mistake that I did. Hopefully it never gets put to the test but I doubt we'll be so lucky.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:37 am governor desantos has piloted his state through these rough waters better than most.
Bill Maher agrees, had a rant on it