Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:21 pm It's not going to happen. Biden has almost no chance of winning. People on here are going to lose their shit when it happens, but those who look at the data know it's coming.
So you're accepting the terms of my bet or no?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you show me to where and what you said?
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Data. Umm yeah. Even Trump stopped giving to his campaign. He has lost ground with every demographic including Lobster’s. The empty pages of medical policy say it all.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I'd love to hear what my "demographic" is. ;) I'm mixed race, btw.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Confused partially educated gun lover.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:50 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:47 pm ok?

neither of those support your claim

they are anecdotes and say nothing of a trend in one way or another

i could post numerous stories of right-wing violence
Not disagreeing with you, but you just posted a link in a different thread that said there have been 220 violent/destructive BLM protests iirc?
wow...learn to read

here is what the link actually says:

"The vast majority of demonstration events associated with the BLM movement are non-violent (see map below). In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations, meanwhile, have been limited to FEWER than 220 locations — under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests..."

the link goes on, a bit further down the page, to highlight what both twocoach and i said, that just because the violence is associated with BLM protests, it can't be assumed that it originates from BLM protesters

"...Despite the media focus on looting and vandalism, however, there is little evidence to suggest that demonstrators have engaged in widespread violence. In some cases where demonstrations did turn violent, there are reports of agents provocateurs — or infiltrators — instigating the violence. During a demonstration on 27 May in Minneapolis, for example, a man with an umbrella — dubbed the ‘umbrella man’ by the media and later identified as a member of the Hells Angels linked to the Aryan Cowboys, a white supremacist prison and street gang — was seen smashing store windows (Forbes, 30 May 2020; KSTP, 28 July 2020). It was one of the first reports of destructive activity that day, and it “created an atmosphere of hostility and tension” that helped spark an outbreak of looting following initially peaceful protests, according to police investigators, who believe the man “wanted to sow discord and racial unrest” (New York Times, 28 July 2020). In another example on 29 May in Detroit, a number of non-residents reportedly traveled to the city to engage in violent behavior during a demonstration, leading to multiple arrests (MLive, 2 June 2020)..."

i mean, its like you and lobs are just immune to actual facts, and you can't help but cherry-pick anecdotes that support your narrative/s

neither of you are honest about wanting to engage in actual civil, honest discussions about any of these topics. otherwise, you'd both make at least a decent effort to educate yourselves and think critically about the situation/s at hand

and, this wasn't ever about BLM or protests. lobs made the ridiculous claim that the overwhelming majority of HOMICIDES in 2020 have been perpetrated by those on the left. of course, he has yet to provide any supporting evidence of such a claim, as is par for the course. i could post countless anecdotes of right-wing violence, but that's just intellectually lazy. i will say this though, that unless i've missed it, the FBI has only identified right-wing, white-supremacist ideologies as being a terroristic threat.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... st-violen/

FBI director Wray testified in September that racially motivated violent extremism is the biggest category within domestic terrorism, and of that group, those who are white supremacists are the biggest category.

The acting director of Homeland Security recently testified that white supremacist extremists in 2018-19 were the most persistent and lethal threat when referring to domestic violent extremists.

Independent think tanks and researchers have also flagged the threat of white supremacists.
Deleted User 89

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:53 pm I'm not sure what you mean. Can you show me to where and what you said?
If you feel so confident that Trump is going to win, I'll make you a bet.

If Trump wins, I will not post a single post on the Politics or Off-Topic boards of this site from Thursday, November 5th until Inauguration Day 2021.

If Biden wins, you will not post a single post on the Politics or Off-Topic boards of this site from Thursday, November 5th until Inauguration Day 2021.

Deal?
Deleted User 89

and i've yet to find ANY data that has been compiled that says anything about the political leanings of murderers

it just isn't out there (that i can find), despite the ramblings of idiots
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:41 pm just lazy...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 248102001/
I dont see Mayors as having much more ability than to make sure streets get repaired, snow and garbage get picked up and contracts with police and fire get renewed. They aren't making the types of changes needed to change the crime problems without significant state and federal funding and aid. There doesn't seem to be any data supporting any notion that having a GOP mayor reduces crime or that having a Dem mayor increases crime.
Deleted User 89

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:44 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:41 pm just lazy...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 248102001/
I dont see Mayors as having much more ability than to make sure streets get repaired, snow and garbage get picked up and contracts with police and fire get renewed. They aren't making the types of changes needed to change the crime problems without significant state and federal funding and aid. There doesn't seem to be any data supporting any notion that having a GOP mayor reduces crime or that having a Dem mayor increases crime.
exactly. and it's lazy to try and make that connection

but, when that's all you've got...
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:41 pm
Walrus wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:53 pm I'm not sure what you mean. Can you show me to where and what you said?
If you feel so confident that Trump is going to win, I'll make you a bet.

If Trump wins, I will not post a single post on the Politics or Off-Topic boards of this site from Thursday, November 5th until Inauguration Day 2021.

If Biden wins, you will not post a single post on the Politics or Off-Topic boards of this site from Thursday, November 5th until Inauguration Day 2021.

Deal?
Sure, if that's what you want. But you know what? This place is going to become pretty boring if you are not posting here anymore. I disagree with you on a lot, but at least you do write some kind of sentence. I can't say the same of some others who have taken a break. You see, I don't want people people to leave this site, just so long as they make some kind of attempt to talk sense. Too many posters on here just spew their emotional outbursts. That doesn't add any kind of value here.

I'll ask one small exception: If Biden wins, I will only post occasionally in the Housing Crash thread. If Biden wins, I promise not to post any political responses in ANY thread until Inauguration Day, 2021. I would just caution you that I think it's highly unlikely that Trump will lose. I'm just trying to prepare everyone for this because not everyone understands what is actually going on right now.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Actually, never mind about the Housing crash thread. It's not going to start crashing until after Inauguration day.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:37 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:50 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:47 pm ok?

neither of those support your claim

they are anecdotes and say nothing of a trend in one way or another

i could post numerous stories of right-wing violence
Not disagreeing with you, but you just posted a link in a different thread that said there have been 220 violent/destructive BLM protests iirc?
wow...learn to read

here is what the link actually says:

"The vast majority of demonstration events associated with the BLM movement are non-violent (see map below). In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations, meanwhile, have been limited to FEWER than 220 locations — under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests..."

the link goes on, a bit further down the page, to highlight what both twocoach and i said, that just because the violence is associated with BLM protests, it can't be assumed that it originates from BLM protesters
So "fewer" than 220....so does that mean 219 locations? Less than 10% of total protest locations is what your article says...which is still a lot of violent protests.

I read your entire article.

And agree not all the violence is by the protestors....but obviously a lot of it is.

And it is only logical to assume the majority of the violence towards police at these protests isn't being done by the pro-police crowd.

I am not sure what you true point is here? That the vast majority of the protests are non-violent? No shit. Most of us all agree with that.
Deleted User 89

Deleted User 310

You have said yourself that antifa is more of an ideology than a group....so i am curious how you become a member of something that isn't an organization?
Deleted User 310

How many people got murdered in the CHOP?

Those don't count since they weren't antifa "members"?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/us/s ... -zone.html

Also let me know when you find an article that gives instructions on how to become an antifa "member".
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Lots of people were murdered at CHOP, including blacks. That's just one example of many from the antifa folks. Even if they aren't antifa by name, their actions are the same.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:26 pm
You have said yourself that antifa is more of an ideology than a group....so i am curious how you become a member of something that isn't an organization?
Not speaking for Tradition, but antifa is a label applied by the right with a negative connotation. It's simple, antifa is against fascism. I would hope that everyone on this board would exhibit some level of anti fascism.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

They are against fascism, but they use violence to push their political agenda. How is that being against fascism?