Automobiles

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Automobiles

Post by TDub »

bugger truck bed? do they make a long bed f150? not being an ass...iim just curious, I dint think ive seen a long bed half ton since the 90s
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

They made a 5'-6" and 6'-6" bed for both trucks with the crew cab. I can find the longer bed in used Fords. No luck finding a Tundra that was actually built with the longer bed anywhere near me.

That extra 1'-0" is the difference between hauling out my couch, dining table, buffet and old German shrunk in my truck and renting a UHaul. I make enough trips out, that if I take one big piece out every trip my UHaul will be smaller on my move out.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

japhy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:17 pm They made a 5'-6" and 6'-6" bed for both trucks with the crew cab. I can find the longer bed in used Fords. No luck finding a Tundra that was actually built with the longer bed anywhere near me.

That extra 1'-0" is the difference between hauling out my couch, dining table, buffet and old German shrunk in my truck and renting a UHaul. I make enough trips out, that if I take one big piece out every trip my UHaul will be smaller on my move out.
oh for sure, bigger bed is a huge asset. Way more important than butt cooling haha
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Why not both?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Auto industry insiders were stunned when Caresoft, a highly regarded engineering consulting firm, tore down BYD's mass-market EV, the Seagull.

Priced around $11,000, the engineers found the Seagull to be well-designed, user friendly, rich with options, and of surprisingly high quality and reliability...

Detroit auto engineers tear down BYD's Seagull: "An extinction-level event"
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I’ve owned. Nothing but Accords since 2006. 5 of em. 3 of them got totaled (1 my fault). Have used nice check to essentially upgrade for 1997 leading prices every 3 years as someone has smacked into me.

Super spacious, + interior crafting (not ++, but not Toyota bland), decent gas mileage (didn’t get a hybrid this go, but was looking…I usually buy 2 year old cars).

Recommend for anyone not in truck/minivan/suv land.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Oh…the two that didn’t get wrecked. 1996- 250k miles, gasket blew up by Thornton on I25 north of Denver. 2013, still own, 275k, running like champ minus a pulley up front is slightly out of true, so there is a bit of a hum from that at 35-50mph.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:27 am I’ve owned. Nothing but Accords since 2006. 5 of em. 3 of them got totaled (1 my fault). Have used nice check to essentially upgrade for 1997 leading prices every 3 years as someone has smacked into me.

Super spacious, + interior crafting (not ++, but not Toyota bland), decent gas mileage (didn’t get a hybrid this go, but was looking…I usually buy 2 year old cars).

Did you put one of those huge, yet ineffective muffler things on them?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Ass Crack Ventilation Technology IS MINE ! ! !

Or "ACVT" as my new brohs on the F150 Forum calls it. I think my first mod will be adding leveling blocks.

My next drive across Kansas will be soooo much more comfortable, and I will look cooler with the truck sitting level.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it will look great sitting on the side of the road waiting on a tow
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:39 am it will look great sitting on the side of the road waiting on a tow
Do the ass crack vents work when the engine isn’t running?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Overlander wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:57 am
Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:27 am I’ve owned. Nothing but Accords since 2006. 5 of em. 3 of them got totaled (1 my fault). Have used nice check to essentially upgrade for 1997 leading prices every 3 years as someone has smacked into me.

Did you put one of those huge, yet ineffective muffler things on them?
Is that the meta?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

is there anything stupider than when they take those little cars (not necessarily accords but civics and crx etc) put huge spoilers on and angle the wheels and tires? dumbest shit ever. Want to but new tires every 5,000 miles? that's how ya do it
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I rode in a brand new Tesla in an Uber this morning.

How is this fucking thing LOUDER on the highway than my lifted, mud tired Jeep?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:39 am I rode in a brand new Tesla in an Uber this morning.

How is this fucking thing LOUDER on the highway than my lifted, mud tired Jeep?
That's the sound of masculinity.

Not surprised you don't get it.
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Wait, you talkin’ ELON type masculinity?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:45 am Wait, you talkin’ ELON type masculinity?
Is there any other?
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Now that you mention it……
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I may have already mentioned this...my sister has a tesla. They got forced to install a new update to continuetonusenthe car. And after that...it essentially made the car unusable anyway.

My brother in law is an electrical engineer and computer science engineer. he spent several days figuring out how to bypass the new update and confuse the car into thinking it had received the new update while actually reverting to the old running system.

All that just to be able to use the vehicle. no thanks. On multiple levels, particularly since anything beyond turning on a computer is pretty advanced for my skillset.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:44 am I may have already mentioned this...my sister has a tesla. They got forced to install a new update to continuetonusenthe car. And after that...it essentially made the car unusable anyway.

My brother in law is an electrical engineer and computer science engineer. he spent several days figuring out how to bypass the new update and confuse the car into thinking it had received the new update while actually reverting to the old running system.

All that just to be able to use the vehicle. no thanks. On multiple levels, particularly since anything beyond turning on a computer is pretty advanced for my skillset.
Tell him not to worry, there is absolutely NO WAY that Elon could just decide one day that every Tesla car or truck user has to pay a "subscription" to continue to use his products.

Did you think that 40+ million a month was just going to drop out of a coconut tree?