Chiefs Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by pdub »

Certainly that is the stance they have to ( and should ) take publicly.
Several of his statements about women were backwards and completely counter-intuitive to give to a place of learning.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:15 am
pdub wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:03 am OK.
But he can still prefer not to be in the limelight/center of attention and not have expected this shit storm of ( what I think is overkill - but a lot usually is these days ) blowback.
Oh I believe he didn't expect this shit storm of blowback.

I'm just saying he should have expected it, because it was (whether or not justified or overkill) perfectly predictable.
IMO, he knew his speech would be received as controversial, but also agree he didn't expect the intensity of the reaction he caused.

I've posted about his relationships with people associated with Project 2025, which reads like a White Christian Nationalism manifesto. Who can guess what people's motives are, but one thing that occurs to me is that he was attempting to burnish his bonafides with his Catholic/Christian White Supremacist Patriarchal coconspirators, and it got out of hand.

BTW, speaking of Catholic White Supremacists, is it just me, or does it seem odd that DC hasn't made any effort to discredit the theory that he ghost-wrote much of Project 2025?

It's probably just me.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:19 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:15 am
pdub wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:03 am OK.
But he can still prefer not to be in the limelight/center of attention and not have expected this shit storm of ( what I think is overkill - but a lot usually is these days ) blowback.
Oh I believe he didn't expect this shit storm of blowback.

I'm just saying he should have expected it, because it was (whether or not justified or overkill) perfectly predictable.
IMO, he knew his speech would be received as controversial, but also agree he didn't expect the intensity of the reaction he caused.

I've posted about his relationships with people associated with Project 2025, which reads like a White Christian Nationalism manifesto. Who can guess what people's motives are, but one thing that occurs to me is that he was attempting to burnish his bonafides with his Catholic/Christian White Supremacist Patriarchal coconspirators, and it got out of hand.
As to Butker, I suspect the truth is pretty straightforward: he lives in a fairly small bubble, and has the means to generally interact only with those he chooses.

It's somewhat notable that he negotiated his last contract on his own. No agent/lawyer. That doesn't not give off does-his-own-research vibes.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The common "steal the joy" aspect of his party encroaching on my fandom not appreciated.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-bk0S_IJGh ... pudDVqdmEz

Lamb for Rice and 2 1st rounders?

Meh. Maybe. Rice may prove to be a massive headache.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No.
You loose those 1sts?
And you gotta pay Lamb big money?
And loose a possible star WR on a rookie contract?

Absolutely not.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Xfinity showed that I was recording the Chiefs game against the Jaguars tonight on the NFL Network.

Despite that, it was blacked out in my area so they had a 49ers game on instead.

Dammit.

No thank you.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Shirley wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:00 pm Xfinity showed that I was recording the Chiefs game against the Jaguars tonight on the NFL Network.

Despite that, it was blacked out in my area so they had a 49ers game on instead.

Dammit.

No thank you.
Uh, it was a Titans game.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:25 pm No.
You loose those 1sts?
And you gotta pay Lamb big money?
And loose a possible star WR on a rookie contract?

Absolutely not.
Yeah, that's a no for me also.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There’s no sports on tv so I fired up 4th and OT of Chiefs 9ers SB.

3rd and 4 9ers in the red zone. HOW does no one block Chris Jones? I keep replaying it. What happened? I don’t mind but what the hell?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://fox4kc.com/news/jackson-county- ... allot/amp/

Jackson County votes to put Chiefs only sales tax question on November ballot
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I mean, wtf.

Sports Illustrated’s Jordan Foote reports Clyde Edwards-Helaire is dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder stemming from a 2018 “self defense” incident.

Edwards-Helaire has been held out of multiple summer practices and did not play in Kansas City’s second preseason game against the Lions while dealing with PTSD symptoms. “We’re just playing it kind of by ear and how he feels,” Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said. “He started feeling better the day of the game and then he felt pretty good yesterday, so we’re heading in the right direction here. It’s a sensitive deal – we’re trying to learn as we go here.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Lulz at Kelce. His horse Swift Delivery went off at even money and took an L.
That's all I got for ya.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:23 pm Lulz at Kelce.
What an odd thing to say
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:47 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:23 pm Lulz at Kelce.
What an odd thing to say
What an odd thing to say
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:03 am I mean, wtf.

Sports Illustrated’s Jordan Foote reports Clyde Edwards-Helaire is dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder stemming from a 2018 “self defense” incident.

Edwards-Helaire has been held out of multiple summer practices and did not play in Kansas City’s second preseason game against the Lions while dealing with PTSD symptoms. “We’re just playing it kind of by ear and how he feels,” Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said. “He started feeling better the day of the game and then he felt pretty good yesterday, so we’re heading in the right direction here. It’s a sensitive deal – we’re trying to learn as we go here.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/
Chiefs placed RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire on the reserve/NFI list.
Come on now.
Big time bust.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Did not want him taking a roster spot this year
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I like Carson Steele better anyway.