The Great Outdoors

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: The Great Outdoors

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:27 am
TDub wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:22 am
Cascadia wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:54 am This is what I carry when camping or hiking.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g20-gen4
Hey at least you can find ammo for that. 10mm and some black powder loads is all ive seen around for months

Yeah. 10mm ammo is so much easier to get your hands on. I don’t own a 9mm but most of my friends do and they complain all the time about ammo shortage. Or at least they used to, not sure if it’s still as big of a problem.
i don’t go through a lot, but have seen it available every time i’ve looked over the past year...from cabelas to walmart
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:27 am Yeah, one cougar grabbed me by the next and dragged me back to her den last night.

I’m a little sore, few scrapes and bruises, but for an apex predator she had a surprisingly sensitive touch.
cat-scratch fever
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:27 am
TDub wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:22 am
Cascadia wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:54 am This is what I carry when camping or hiking.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g20-gen4
Hey at least you can find ammo for that. 10mm and some black powder loads is all ive seen around for months

Yeah. 10mm ammo is so much easier to get your hands on. I don’t own a 9mm but most of my friends do and they complain all the time about ammo shortage. Or at least they used to, not sure if it’s still as big of a problem.
It is. I cant even get .22. No 9, no 45, no long gun rounds. Literally shelves are empty with usually a couple boxes of 10mm and a couple boxes of 45-10, maybe a box of .32, maybe a couple boxes of .338 lapua and a couple black powder loads. Thats it. Betwewn the cascades and the rockies anyway.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Damn, that’s nuts. I purchase 2,000 rounds in April when the whole shortage thing was starting.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Has anyone done a study on the hoarding of ammo specifically?

Something like 2% of Mericans own like 90% of the guns, and it’s prob the same for ammo.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:33 am Damn, that’s nuts. I purchase 2,000 rounds in April when the whole shortage thing was starting.
Its been that way over here since....July?

I wanted to turkey hunt this year, after ous and I talked about it I found some private land to hunt. But.....all i have is target loads right now i think, i havent sorted through all my shit and theres not 1 single shell available within a 3 hour drive of me, ive called around a lot the last couple days. Can't even get shotgun shells.....dumb.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

gotta go bow, TDub

edit: wife wants one for her birthday, a recurve

she’s set against a compound, but i’m not sure she realizes how tiring a recurve is
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yea ive thought about it. I shouldve earlier....used to be you could bow hunt and, if unsuccessful, use your rifle tag. Starting next year its an either/or choice. Which, is probably a good thing overall.

Recurve will wear you out. Get your p90x on beforehand. Ha
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

How far from Buffalo in yellowstone?
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OK, i'll be sure to always keep at least 50m from a forest full of red squirrels.
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:36 pm How far from Buffalo in yellowstone?
depends

are you an Asian tourist with an over-sized camera?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:18 pm
So, more than 8 feet?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Deleted User 89

i do think that tourists to the Black Hills, particularly those of the Sturgis variety, seem to take more liberties with the bison than do visitors to Yellowstone
Deleted User 89

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/vid ... plnews_d-1

A runner filmed a face-off with a large bear that pursued him for several minutes in Grand Teton national park in Wyoming, producing a three-minute video that went viral. Evan Matthews said he often saw bears on his runs, but none had dared to come so close. ‘This one was interested in me, so I had to change its mind,’ he wrote. Rather than use his bear spray, Matthews opted to reason with his ursine inquisitor.

i tried to embiid the video, but failed
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hmm i cant seem to catch this clever bastard. Hes been trapped before. Got him all over trail cam though.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Chupacabras are crafty.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

While driving on my lunch break, just almost hit a Fox that ran in front of me with some kinda little critter in its mouth.

TDub, you counted your chickens lately?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yea. Ive lost 3 total. Chickens are on a tight schedule right now. Out late and to bed early (which.....is a pain in the ass trying to herd free range birds into a coop when they arent ready).

I fucked up last night though...potentially wasted some work. Ive been watching him on my trail cams...he comes down 2-4 times a night and ive got his path and pattern down pretty good. Ive left my traps out there in his path but not set to normalize them and desensitize him to them. Last night i set them. But....i fucked up...when i dusted the pan i got too much debris in the pan and it made it much more difficult to snap shut. Pan was exposed this morning, checked the cam....he walked right on it...right fucking on them. Then he paused and pushed some of the dirt iff the top and carried on his way. Im hoping since they didnt snap late and scare him that i can reset in the same spot and be a little more careful with my dusting..... hoping tonight is the night. I feel good. Like i said i got his pattern down pretty solid....and it worked perfect exempt my own mistake.
Just Ledoux it