Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by ousdahl »

It’s funny how so many discussions end with you putting words in my mouth.

Not that I object entirely, but from now on, could you pick more appetizing words please?

Go with things like, “boulevard pale ale,” “brisket sammich,” and “a pair of big round titties for dessert”

I’d be pleased any day to have those words put in my mouth, mmm
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Those liberals hate the rich for sure. Except when those rich are funding their campaigns.

Then they can tolerate.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Sorry ousdahl, definitely not trying to put words in your mouth....but you act like you work in a sweatshop making shoes for $15 a week. Or like you don't have the option to go find a different job. It is always the owners/bosses underappreciating all the great work you do and not paying you enough. Has been that way for years.

Nobody is forcing you to keep jobs you dislike or work for people who don't pay you a fair wage for your work.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:29 am Those liberals hate the rich for sure. Except when those rich are funding their campaigns.

Then they can tolerate.
do you have any other material?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ve said this a thousand different ways, but - it’s almost surprising that advocating for worker’s rights is so vilified in Merica.

Almost.

#TemporarilyEmbarrassedMillionaires
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:29 am Those liberals hate the rich for sure. Except when those rich are funding their campaigns.

Then they can tolerate.
Serious question - why are you so adamant about protecting the wealthy from paying a few percentage points more at the top marginal rates, and against something like the estate tax, which affects only people who get a lot of money they did nothing to earn? Especially when the wealthy themselves usually don't take these stances these days?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:39 am I’ve said this a thousand different ways, but - it’s almost surprising that advocating for worker’s rights is so vilified in Merica.

Almost.

What rights are you not getting that you want? You're complaining about things that you and almost all employees already get.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 310

Mjl wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:53 am

Then they can tolerate.
Serious question - why are you so adamant about protecting the wealthy from paying a few percentage points more at the top marginal rates, and against something like the estate tax, which affects only people who get a lot of money they did nothing to earn? Especially when the wealthy themselves usually don't take these stances these days?
Here is my problem with the estate tax....many/most of those assets have already been taxed...and while their children maybe did nothing to earn those assets, they sure as hell deserve them more than our government.

As far as your first point: i am in favor of the wealthy paying their fair share of taxes. In the form of a slightly higher tax rate or in the form of less loopholes/write offs or both.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think there’s much of an argument for Mericans to get more bang for their buck from what they get out of taxes.

Remember a while back when folks were arguing they didn’t wanna have to pay for NPR cuz they’re not a fan of NPR?

Well, I’m not a fan of bombing middle eastern folks, either.

And we vilify “handouts” as poor folks on food stamps, while 1 percenters and oil companies get breaks every step of the way. And without even having to worry about feeding their families, either!
Last edited by ousdahl on Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 310

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:10 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:39 am I’ve said this a thousand different ways, but - it’s almost surprising that advocating for worker’s rights is so vilified in Merica.

Almost.

What rights are you not getting that you want? You're complaining about things that you and almost all employees already get.
It seems like he wants everyone to get paid the same?

Or maybe he wants to get paid more in line with the people who have earned a higher salary/hourly wage than him?

The corporate structure is holding down those highly valuable front desk early room checker-iners. The owners of the hotels don't even clean the rooms or deal with the annoying customers bro!
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:36 pm I think there’s much of an argument for Mericans to get more bang for their buck from what they get out of taxes.

Remember a while back when folks were arguing they didn’t wanna have to pay for NPR cuz they’re not a fan of NPR?

And we vilify “handouts” as poor folks on food stamps, while 1 percenters and oil companies get breaks every step of the way. And without even having to worry about feeding their families, either!
You act like we live in a 3rd world country.

And, good news, we haven't been bombing middle eastern countries lately. I am against that too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Not get paid the same. Btw I’ll take a side of tater salad with that brisket sammich, thanks.

Just generally for more equal distribution of wealth.

The working class should be able to work for more than just making the rich class richer.

Again: no one willing to work full time should still have to live in poverty. In the wealthiest nation in the history of ever.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:39 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:36 pm I think there’s much of an argument for Mericans to get more bang for their buck from what they get out of taxes.

And, good news, we haven't been bombing middle eastern countries lately. I am against that too.
You realize that, by many metrics, we aren’t even a first world country any more?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

last time i checked, we’re still involved in the longest war in our history

it’s become a generational war, with fathers and sons fighting alongside one another
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

loosers and suckers.
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:45 pm

You realize that, by many metrics, we aren’t even a first world country any more?
Lulz.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What exactly makes the greatest country on earth, again?

Mich declaring as much?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm not sure you understand what first world country means.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Oh lordy
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Do you take issue?