NBA Finals

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: NBA Finals

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:40 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:37 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:23 pm

What's your point? I don't disagree, but his shooting seems a natural hypothesis as to the difference between him being a fringe NBA player and a key role player like FVV. I'm curious to what other factors are at play, b/c I look at Van Vleet and Frank has always seemed the better player.
Frank had the misfortune of being drafted by one of the worst run organizations in the NBA. Every day I hope to hear he has left purgatory via trade/release.
I certainly think that's a fair point.

This is a different Kings org. than the one that drafted T-Rob, though. They done fucked up this year and didn't look like a half bad franchise with a good outlook.
The Kings drafted Fox, Mason and signed George Hill all in the same offseason. They are still incompetent.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:49 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:40 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:37 pm
Frank had the misfortune of being drafted by one of the worst run organizations in the NBA. Every day I hope to hear he has left purgatory via trade/release.
I certainly think that's a fair point.

This is a different Kings org. than the one that drafted T-Rob, though. They done fucked up this year and didn't look like a half bad franchise with a good outlook.
The Kings drafted Fox, Mason and signed George Hill all in the same offseason. They are still incompetent.
Wut? That's a good move and makes a lot of sense.

Draft Fox, a potential future star PG, which he looks like.

A veteran to hold down the ropes for 1-2 years while Fox develops.

A 2nd round college veteran backup that might able to play from the get-go if needed.

They then traded George Hill that season in a deal that later looked like a great move. https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2018/2/1 ... e-real-mvp

Their entire franchise changed in 2015 and immediately had to deal with the inevitable Boogie fiasco they inherited.

Where they deserve some criticism is signing Ferrell, which seemed to be a repeat of Mason. But, judging by Mason's 38 GP, they might know something we don't.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Nets just trade Allen Crabbe for the sole purpose of clearing $46 million dollars in hopes to sign a max free agent. Selfish assholes!!!
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That’s a lot of money for a “shove”.
That said, guy is apparently worth billions.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:59 pm Nets just trade Allen Crabbe for the sole purpose of clearing $46 million dollars in hopes to sign a max free agent. Selfish assholes!!!
Who?
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

I hear you Mr. Owl.
My guess is many if not most casual NBA fans don't know who he is either.
Believe it or not, he played against KU and was a pretty darn good college player by his Junior year.
As far as his NBA career, I seem to recall he did have a monster game against Chicago.
Other than that, I don't know what he did to have earned his 75 million dollar salary but clearly he did enough for I think it was Portland that originally gave it to him.

Back to the Finals.
Nice to see Mark Stevens apologized - through the Warriors - after he was advised to do it.
Schmuck.
Only person more upset than Lowry and Stevens about the incident I figure has to be Drake. Took focus away from him. Meanwhile, here is me the asshole commenting about Drake so I guess he wins - in terms of my commenting about him.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:01 pm That’s a lot of money for a “shove”.
That said, guy is apparently worth billions.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:01 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:59 pm Nets just trade Allen Crabbe for the sole purpose of clearing $46 million dollars in hopes to sign a max free agent. Selfish assholes!!!
Who?
Exactly my point. Why are only a select few in the world of sports held to a standard of loyalty?
Deleted User 266

Perhaps because a select few make a huge point of expressing that they take pride in where they are from and who they are representing? And actually profit from it.
Then right or wrong their fans feel deserted when they leave being that they are left to wallow with a shit team because their hero who they have a strong allegiance to has left them.
I don't know, that's just a thought.
Last edited by Deleted User 266 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bron spent 10 seasons with the Cavs.
He got them a title - something they didn't have.
Bron is in your head, per usual.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:20 am Perhaps because a select few make a huge point of expressing that they take pride in where they are from and who they are representing? And actually profit from it.
Then right or wrong their fans feel deserted when they leave being that they are left to wallow with a shit team because their hero who they have a strong allegiance to has left them.
Basing whether something is allowed on whether or not it angers fans is foolish. Fans should be viewed generally as an overtired toddler.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:26 am Bron spent 10 seasons with the Cavs.
This. James likely generated billions of dollars of revenue for the city of Cleveland. Their fans should lay flowers at a shrine to him.

Cleveland has the most miserable, grumpy sports fans in America. Lived there 3 years and couldn't escape fast enough.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Neither could Lebron...twice.
Deleted User 266

pdub wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:26 am Bron spent 10 seasons with the Cavs.
Bron spent 7 seasons with the Cavs. Couldn't win a title. Left them, his teammates that he helped recruit, his "home" town, and his extremely loyal fans. Right or wrong?
When he pussed out and felt he couldn't win any more titles in Miami (after telling the fans there his team would win 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, titles with him there) he left that team, his teammates, and his fans there. Right or wrong?
Then he returned to Cleveland and indeed helped them win a title. Right.
The he left his "home" town AGAIN and went to another organization. Right.
As far as him being in my head, he's never in my head until someone else mentions him or I read/hear something about him or from him.
2nd best basketball player I have seen play in person in my lifetime. Have zero problem saying that. Why would I?
Deleted User 266

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:42 am
Paul1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:20 am Perhaps because a select few make a huge point of expressing that they take pride in where they are from and who they are representing? And actually profit from it.
Basing whether something is allowed on whether or not it angers fans is foolish. Fans should be viewed generally as an overtired toddler.
LOL! Without fans an NBA player isn't shit. "over tired toddlers" or not, how much money has LeBron James made off of his fans? That's the bottom line. Isn't it?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How much rent does LeBron pay for living in Gutter's head?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

more than he would pay to live in Cleveland

...again?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:42 am
LOL! Without fans an NBA player isn't shit. "over tired toddlers" or not, how much money has LeBron James made off of his fans? That's the bottom line. Isn't it?
And in return to all that money he made from fans he delivered them a title along with years of not just a contending team, but one of the favorites. It's not like he took all this money and gave nothing back. He's just supposed to stay there because people bought his jersey?

Cleveland is in debt to LeBron, not the other way around.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lebron played the "hometown kid" card about as hard as anyone's ever played it.