God hates the Chiefs

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 286

Re: God hates the Chiefs

Post by Deleted User 286 »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:36 pm Andy Reid made Alex Smith a Pro Bowl QB. I think Moore can go at least 1-3
Gotta agree. Reid has proven multiple times he can get a backup QB ready. And Moore is a vet, so he should he mentally prepared to handle whatever defenses throw at him.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

How many of you remember that Dawson went down in the 1969-70 season? I want to say at about the same time in the season. There was real discussion if he would play in the Super Bowl after Livingston caught fire. He went 5-0 as largely a game manager. Would like to see history repeat. Joe Kapp Cousins looking pretty good right now in Minnesota.

Even more weird: Livingston was said during the Denver game to have “saved the day.” Weirder: During the season-long 100th anniversary celebration of organized football in 1969.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

1969 not me and who the Fuck is Livingston?????
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:45 pm These two things can both be true: (1) QB sneaks are not especially risky plays; and (2) you still shouldn't run sneaks with your FRANCHISE in the second quarter of a game against a shit team, and not even on the goalline for that matter.
You play the game to not get injured, you don't play the game to win the game. jfish's coaching philosophy.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:37 pm 1969 not me and who the Fuck is Livingston?????
Mike Livingston is the backup quarterback who won every game he started after Dawson’s knee injury (he riskily elected to not have surgically repaired). Livingston made Super Bowl IV possible. The Chief’s defense stepped up after Dawson’s injury and scored numerous TDs to keep the team rolling. Of course, the Chiefs back then had an innovative offensive-minded coach who confused opponents with multiple men in motion and fly pattern passing to take advantage of their receiver’s speed.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Be prepared Sparko, next you might be asked who the fuck is Dawson.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

vmlb wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:46 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:45 pm These two things can both be true: (1) QB sneaks are not especially risky plays; and (2) you still shouldn't run sneaks with your FRANCHISE in the second quarter of a game against a shit team, and not even on the goalline for that matter.
You play the game to not get injured, you don't play the game to win the game. jfish's coaching philosophy.
We beat the Broncos 30-6 with Matt Moore playing quarterback. We were winning that game regardless.

Which is sort of the point - for the same reason you wouldn't run your best stuff against the Broncos, there's just no reason to put Mahomes in harm's way.

The likelihood of something bad happening was, of course, very very low. But the magnitude of what could happen, if the bad thing happened, was potentially very very high.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I would venture a guess that a sneak is safer than dropping back to pass.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This.
You’d want to eliminate any scrambling plays and any passes that took longer than two seconds to release before eliminating QB sneaks if your fear is injury.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:21 am I would venture a guess that a sneak is safer than dropping back to pass.
This is correct in my eyes. I’ve only personally seen 2 injuries in games I’ve watched either in person or on TV on QB sneaks in the last 20 years.

Bill Whittemore at kstate in 2003 with the separated shoulder (Was there and it just killed momentum KU had)
And then Thursday with Mahomes.

I’ve seen torn ACLs when QBs drop back to pass, I’ve seen broken collarbones, I’ve seen dislocated fingers when hands collide with the DL.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Bill Whittemore is my 2nd favorite Kansas QB of all-time. Loved that guy
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Seems like our backup isn't terrible. If we can somehow win 2 of the next 3, I think we'll be in good shape.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:49 am Bill Whittemore is my 2nd favorite Kansas QB of all-time. Loved that guy
The person who is the most underrated person for making Kansas football decent again. He was so good in 2003. 4,000 yard passer and a 1,000 yard rusher. He helped build a good thing, Reesing capitalized on it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Not in my house Mahomes”

More on that in a sec
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:45 am
Geezer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:21 am I would venture a guess that a sneak is safer than dropping back to pass.
This is correct in my eyes. I’ve only personally seen 2 injuries in games I’ve watched either in person or on TV on QB sneaks in the last 20 years.

Bill Whittemore at kstate in 2003 with the separated shoulder (Was there and it just killed momentum KU had)
And then Thursday with Mahomes.

I’ve seen torn ACLs when QBs drop back to pass, I’ve seen broken collarbones, I’ve seen dislocated fingers when hands collide with the DL.
How many QB injuries on a play where the QB turned around and handed it to their fully competent RB on 4th and 1? One less than on a QB sneak.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:22 pm “Not in my house Mahomes”

More on that in a sec
oh!

so that was the message on the sign of a liquor store in Denver.

Was that up before the game? or after? either way, some donkos fan looks like a giant looser.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I sure hope before and then has just been too lazy to take it down.
If it's after, that person can fuck him or herself forever.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mahomes has played in Denver 3 times and never lost.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And as long as Elway is the GM, Mahomes will hardly lose there.

They stink.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:34 pm I just realized my Nashville trip in November is now irretrievably fucked. Scratch that one off the list.
Hopefully you’re still going Fish..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nst-titans