Team USA

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Team USA

Post by KUTradition »

Sasquatch wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:11 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:46 am
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:22 pm LeBron scores the last 11pts for USA to win by 4 against Germany.

I am now fully convinced he's the best player on team USA. Even at age 39.
that doesn’t necessarily strike me as a good thing
Have you watched? He might still be the best in the world. This dude is locked in on leading them to gold
i was speaking more generally…if he’s still the best at his age, what does that say about everyone else and the future of the league?

but, given his age (and despite his health regimen), it’s easy to think he MIGHT be more injury prone than others
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

No Tatum or Haliburton today
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:17 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:46 am
that doesn’t necessarily strike me as a good thing
Have you watched? He might still be the best in the world. This dude is locked in on leading them to gold
i was speaking more generally…if he’s still the best at his age, what does that say about everyone else and the future of the league?

but, given his age (and despite his health regimen), it’s easy to think he MIGHT be more injury prone than others
That LeBron is incredible and maybe the GOAT.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:03 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:17 pm

That LeBron is incredible and maybe the GOAT.
i don’t argue against that one bit
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I think one of the most impressive things about LeBron is his desire to maintain a level of fitness that has allowed him to be the best or 1 of the 5 best players in NBA for basically 2 straight decades.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Durant looked locked the fuck in too.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Genuine question, no wrong answers - what is everyone's level of investment here? Scale of "Washburn in November" to "KSU in the Elite Eight".
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

zero.

if they get into the gold medal game i may watch.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:10 pm zero.

if they get into the gold medal game i will watch.
I'm certainly closer to this than I am to fretting over group stage stat lines. Which is not intended as a criticism whatsoever of people who take this more seriously. I just...don't. This is a snack.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:07 pm Genuine question, no wrong answers - what is everyone's level of investment here? Scale of "Washburn in November" to "KSU in the Elite Eight".
My emotional investment is not similar at all to any KU game.

But, I like sports.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:07 pm Genuine question, no wrong answers - what is everyone's level of investment here? Scale of "Washburn in November" to "KSU in the Elite Eight".
As in KU is playing ksu in the e8?
Or ksu is in the e8?

I will watch parts of weekend games. I watched about 1.5 quarters v Serbia.

I think higher than the latter ( I wouldn’t watch ksu in the e8 ) for sure.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:08 pm
As in KU is playing ksu in the e8?
Or ksu is in the e8?

I will watch parts of weekend games. I watched about 1.5 quarters v Serbia.

I think higher than the latter ( I wouldn’t watch ksu in the e8 ) for sure.
Yes, KU/KSU in the Elite Eight. I was trying to think of the highest emotional stakes, and the stakes of EITHER making a Final Four or KSU getting to the Final Four (and beating us to get there) seemed about right to me!

I woulda said Mizzou - and it'd be close - but I definitely care a lot less about them now than I did 15 years ago.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I love the Olympics and will watch whatever is on. Team USA Mens Basketball seems to have come out playing hard so that is encouraging.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:46 pm
I love the Olympics and will watch whatever is on. Team USA Mens Basketball seems to have come out playing hard so that is encouraging.
^^^
watching US-china volleyball now (great match), and watched…surfing yesterday

the variety of sports combined with the closest thing to true patriotism i think there is, is just fun, imo
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

did britnry greiner take a knee for the anthem.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

is that a real person?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:45 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:46 pm
^^^
watching US-china volleyball now (great match), and watched…surfing yesterday

the variety of sports combined with the closest thing to true patriotism i think there is, is just fun, imo
Best part of the Olympics for me is watching sports I don't typically watch - and enjoying it.
Learning about people who I never knew existed and watching them live their dream. Good stuff.
I like watching hoops but I see the men's players play an awful lot so it's not too exciting to/for me.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For me, if we are using KUBB as a barometer, it’s about the level of care of a preNIL B12 game vs another possible contender in early February.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:32 pm For me, if we are using KUBB as a barometer, it’s about the level of care of a preNIL B12 game vs another possible contender in early February.
I'd put in above TBT with former Jayhawks and below an overseas pre season exhibition.