In this thread, the "experts" own Lobs

Ugh.
Walrus

Re: In this thread, the "experts" own Lobs

Post by Walrus »

Or another explanation is, white supremacy. :D
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:44 pm Or another explanation is, white supremacy. :D
How long did you date shirley?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Walrus wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:44 pm Or another explanation is, white supremacy. :D
You get points for intellectual honesty there.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Yep.

Pfizer Reaps Hundreds of Millions in Profits From Covid Vaccine
The company said its vaccine generated $3.5 billion in revenue in the first three months of this year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/04/busi ... ofits.html
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

careful bro, next thing you know you’ll be sounding like me.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I've said I agree with you on some things. Wages as a result of productivity, for example.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Careful....bro....

before you know it, this could be a slippery slope toward all sorts of egalitarian thoughts!
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

Walrus wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:14 pm Yep.

Pfizer Reaps Hundreds of Millions in Profits From Covid Vaccine
The company said its vaccine generated $3.5 billion in revenue in the first three months of this year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/04/busi ... ofits.html
You're semi knowledgeable in regards to the fungus vaccine and you're kind of a math wiz and stat geek so please help me out.
How many Pfizer vaccines have been administered WORLDwide and how much $ in PROFIT does it work out to per person who has been vaccinated?

Next question.
If Pfizer developed a vaccine that prevented cancer, how much profit do you feel they should make for it? Nothing? $5? $5,000? $500,000? $5,000,000,000,000?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

MJ23 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:30 pmf Pfizer developed a vaccine that prevented cancer, how much profit do you feel they should make for it? Nothing? $5? $5,000? $500,000? $5,000,000,000,000?
I can't say what number, but I know the solution: allow the free market to decide. We don't have a free market -- we have governments, public schools, and public universities in many countries trying to force it on everyone. In addition, there's no liability for any of these vaccine companies. Something happens to you?, then their answer is "tough shit." In 2008, they wouldn't let the banks fail -- in 2021, they won't let big pharma fail. Let's take away that and let free market decide. If airlines and cruise ships want to require a vaccine, then let the customer decide if they want to take that risk. People can decide to cancel their trips (which they will do) and their bottom line will show them it was a dumb idea. Money talks the most.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Wow.

Deleted User 880

Walrus wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:59 am Wow.

I'll admit I'm curious as to what made you say "Wow".

"This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Terms of Service".
"This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines".
Deleted User 880

Walrus wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:53 pm
MJ23 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:30 pmf Pfizer developed a vaccine that prevented cancer, how much profit do you feel they should make for it? Nothing? $5? $5,000? $500,000? $5,000,000,000,000?
I can't say what number, but I know the solution: allow the free market to decide. We don't have a free market -- we have governments, public schools, and public universities in many countries trying to force it on everyone. In addition, there's no liability for any of these vaccine companies. Something happens to you?, then their answer is "tough shit." In 2008, they wouldn't let the banks fail -- in 2021, they won't let big pharma fail. Let's take away that and let free market decide. If airlines and cruise ships want to require a vaccine, then let the customer decide if they want to take that risk. People can decide to cancel their trips (which they will do) and their bottom line will show them it was a dumb idea. Money talks the most.
I'm somewhat confused with your response.
I didn't clarify if Pfizer is charging people for the cancer vaccine.
My guess is you are/were referring to the covid vaccine.
Are you saying "we" should allow the "free market" to decide how a company should profit for giving us something our government is providing for free (to prevent people from getting covid - or cancer) from a publicly "traded" company? That's just not going to happen nor could I comprehend how it could/would.

When you say "it", I assume you mean that "governments, public schools, and public universities in many countries trying to force the covid vaccine on everyone. Yes? No?
I'm someone who is 100% against people being "forced" to get vaccinated.
My question is, are the schools truly "forcing" people to get vaccinated? Are there alternative learning options available if people choose not to attend school/s in person?
I honestly don't know but I hope there are. If there are not, then I feel it's bullshit that schools are "forcing" people to BE (not just GET) vaccinated.

No liability for the vaccine companies?
I believe our government is freeing them for liability for the covid vaccination. If so, it's our government who is basically saying "tough shit". Not the vaccine companies.
My guess is if 75% of those who received let's say the Moderna vaccine suffered permeant brain damage from the vaccine - Moderna stock would plummet. To me, that's a form of "liability".

As far as the banks being bailed out in 2008, I have mixed feelings but something I feel strongly about is that most people in this country (and many in the world) would have been a lot worse off if the government didn't "bail out" the banks.
I also feel if most major "pharma" companies would "fail", regardless if our government bailed them out or not, MANY people would be fucked not just financially but also "physically" (meaning their health).

You said, "If airlines and cruise ships want to require a vaccine, then let the customer decide if they want to take that risk".
What does that mean? What risk? The risk of getting vaccinated?
Don't people have the right to decide if they want to get vaccinated or not?
Don't people have the right to decide if they want to get on an airplane or ship?
Or did you mean people shouldn't have to be required to be vaccinated to get on a plane or a ship? If so, then I agree with you.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Gutter, here's the video. It's a Texas senate hearing. Starting a the 7 minute mark is where it gets really interesting.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

That video is not true. It claims the vaccines were not tested on animals. Here is proof showing that they did.

For the Oxford vaccine they tested macaques: https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-05-22-ox ... man-trials

Pfizer tested animals: https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... udies-mrna

Moderna tested animals: https://investors.modernatx.com/news-re ... dicine-non

J&J tested on animals: https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-ann ... al-studies

Stop posting things that are factually not true.

You have been wrong about the vaccine at every turn and you are just posting stuff that is untrue.

There was a reason this video was taken down by youtube.

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Yes, they took it down because it went against big pharma's goal.

Sorry, I don't trust Pfizer's or Moderna's "safety" tests from their own site. That's like asking Marlboro to give us a safety test on their cigarettes.

It's a Senate hearing, so you can decide what you want, but we all know she is speaking some truth.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

She also falsely claims that the Covid19 vaccines are not as safe as other vaccines, which is untrue.

Here's an article comparing vaccine efficacy and side effects.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... g-vaccines

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:30 am Yes, they took it down because it went against big pharma's goal.

Sorry, I don't trust Pfizer's or Moderna's "safety" tests from their own site. That's like asking Marlboro to give us a safety test on their cigarettes.

It's a Senate hearing, so you can decide what you want, but we all know she is speaking some truth.
No. She's a liar. You're a liar.

Pfizer doesn't run youtube.

You are just a conspiracy nut job.

What do you think about the reports that almost all the anti-vaxx propaganda came from 12 people. Don't you think if there was really a problem there would be more than 12 people starting all the (false) information?

Decide what you want. But we all know you are a liar and are full of shit.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i lump:
the airline industry
big pharma
the insurance industry
professional politicians

all into the same $#!t pile of $#!theads. i would remove them off the face of the earth if i could.

i'm sure there is more. but those are the villains that came to mind in short notice.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Yes, I'll go trust and believe Pfizer, because they said it's safe. On their site. It must be true. Cigarettes were "safe" too many decades ago. ;)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think it’s possible to be a little leery of big pharma, while also thinking the vaccines have been created and administered in good faith.

Sure, it’s weird to see some commercial for like heartburn or irritable bowels or whatever, with a bunch of baby boomers laughing on a beach, while some cheery voice says, “side effects may include diarrhea, paralysis, cancer, hair loss, boners that last over 4 hours, and death,” then pan to the boomers all dancing now.

But I don’t think that’s quite what’s going on with the vaccines, and think any intellectually honest person can use their critical thinking by now to realize the risk associated with vaccines pales in comparison to the risk associated with the virus itself.