Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 863 »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:02 pm Lol

"And i eat hot dogs"

Fucking gold. 🤣💀
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:47 pm Murderer.

"Murderer"? Please forgive my ignorance. How so?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Is it possible the fact we widely vaccinated our adult population before it was approved for kids contribute to the increase in cases among kids? Did we force the virus to jump more to them by taking away potential adult hosts by vaccinating only adults?

Phd?
Deleted User 887

I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV but my assessment is there have been MANY botched responses to the virus from day 1 and we are still botching responses 500+ days later.
Pretty frightening to me how ill prepared the planet was and continues to be in regards to fighting a virus.
Makes me question if within the next 100 years 50% or more of people on this planet will die from a much stronger/dangerous virus within a two year window.
Deleted User 863

NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:07 am I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV but my assessment is there have been MANY botched responses to the virus from day 1 and we are still botching responses 500+ days later.
Pretty frightening to me how ill prepared the planet was and continues to be in regards to fighting a virus.
Makes me question if within the next 100 years 50% or more of people on this planet will die from a much stronger/dangerous virus within a two year window.
Wouldn't shock me at all.

If this ends up being discovered to indeed be man made, then I do wonder how much of a role that played in our efforts not working very well...?
Deleted User 863

i think "next time" i will be prepared to immediately take my family somewhere safe and completely isolate from the outside world as much as possible. House or camper parked on private land in the middle of the woods never sounded so nice.
Deleted User 887

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:14 am i think "next time" i will be prepared to immediately take my family somewhere safe and completely isolate from the outside world as much as possible. House or camper parked on private land in the middle of the woods never sounded so nice.
Thinking about a cabin in Lincoln Montana? :shock:
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Kind of agree here…

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wonder what portion of the LEO demographic is anti-vax
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:18 am I wonder what portion of the LEO demographic is anti-vax
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a pretty similar % to the entire population if i had to guess.

We are now at almost identical vaccination % as the yearly flu in many years....that leads me to believe for most people, vocal minority be damned, they either do vaccinations or they don't. I don't think the yearly flu vaccination broke down exactly on party lines. Some people get them and others don't.
Deleted User 863

sdoyel wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:15 am Kind of agree here…

Again, proportionately, black/hispanic people are less vaccinated than other races...do we want even less of those types of officers in their communities? I certainly don't think their communities want less minority officers.

Indirect impacts have to be considered.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:22 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:18 am I wonder what portion of the LEO demographic is anti-vax
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a pretty similar % to the entire population if i had to guess.

We are now at almost identical vaccination % as the yearly flu in many years....that leads me to believe for most people, vocal minority be damned, they either do vaccinations or they don't. I don't think the yearly flu vaccination broke down exactly on party lines. Some people get them and others don't.
I would guess LEO leans more toward anti-vax than the general population.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Someone tell me again about how choosing to not vaccinate affects only yourself:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/26/us/covid ... index.html

"What we are seeing is just a tremendous amount of patients coming in. The other day, our emergency room had a 12-hour wait. Almost every hospital in the city is on diversion, meaning they don't have room to take transfer patients," Paryani said. "Patients who need complex care simply can't access it. This kind of strain is something we've never seen before."
Deleted User 863

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:29 am

There are a lot of big city cops who are not the rural GOPers you're imagining. But your guess is as good as mine. They didn't ask my profession when i got vaccinated.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:34 am

There are a lot of big city cops who are not the rural GOPers you're imagining. But your guess is as good as mine. They didn't ask my profession when i got vaccinated.
I didn't say anything about big city versus rural. It's just a profession that attracts certain types.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:47 pm Murderer.

This doesn't prevent a single person from getting vaccinated tho. So saying murderer is just false and one of the dumbest comments in a 400 page thread
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

Eh, I’ll push back. LEO and military are usually full of rank and file types that traditionally respect hierarchy. Historically, if they would be no issue if an order from the higher up told them they needed a shot. Up until Trump, anti-vaxxers tended to be more liberal and hippy dippy types that thought there were a better way than trusting science. Now, well, we live in the most stupid times, and a death cult has gone mainstream.