COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:12 am
HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:04 am
ousdahl wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:57 am talked to a friend who ran into a guy on a mountain bike trail yesterday. Some Denverite up for a ride.

Apparently he got coronavirus, and wasn't allowed to go back to his job until he tested negative.

He then went on to test positive every day for 45 days straight. !!!

His symptoms were never more than "he just felt really tired for a couple days."

I dunno if it's more surprising he remained "positive" for 45 days, or that this country has 45+ tests to spare on just one guy.
There’s shortage, though. Because Trump.
Colorado got tests from Korea because of a test shortage.
and once the tests arrived, the guvner kept it a secret, out of concern that the feds would come and take them.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:39 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:12 am
HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:04 am

There’s shortage, though. Because Trump.
Colorado got tests from Korea because of a test shortage.
and once the tests arrived, the guvner kept it a secret, out of concern that the feds would come and take them.
Damn you, Trump. One, for leaving things in states’ hands, and, two, for using Federal power to take things out of states’ hands!
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, damn that guy!

bro you and your homies should go bumrush 1600 Pennsylvania with AR15s and confederate flags.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

shit, that was a joke. I encourage no aggression.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:37 am
ousdahl wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:29 am okay, so again back in January then, I as potus would have at least told governors this shit is serious, you should do something about it, just don't expect me to help, cuz I'll be at one of my golf courses offering nothing more than a spirited refrain of StAtE'S RiGhTs!

now do I have your vote?
Just spitballin’ here, but it might have been easier to focus on such issues if the Dems weren’t running their fake Russia-gate scam at the time. I imagine it was kinda distracting, not to mention purely coincidental.
Are you fucking kidding with this? It's a serious question.
Serious enough that I have decided I'm going to ignore you and your posts for a day or two.
You're not worthy of my paying attention to you anymore.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:59 am
ousdahl wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:29 am okay, so again back in January then, I as potus would have at least told governors this shit is serious, you should do something about it, just don't expect me to help, cuz I'll be at one of my golf courses offering nothing more than a spirited refrain of StAtE'S RiGhTs!

now do I have your vote?
Just spitballin’ here, but it might have been easier to focus on such issues if the Dems weren’t running their fake Russia-gate scam at the time. I imagine it was kinda distracting, not to mention purely coincidental.
Are you fucking kidding with this? It's a serious question.
Serious enough that I have decided I'm going to ignore you and your posts for a day or two.
You're not worthy of my paying attention to you anymore.
Sorry to shatter your fragile worldview.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:47 am yeah, damn that guy!

bro you and your homies should go bumrush 1600 Pennsylvania with AR15s and confederate flags.
You obviously have me confused with a different group of people. Not my homies.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

just a friendly heads up that you might have a lot more in common with those dudes than you realize.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:15 pm just a friendly heads up that you might have a lot more in common with those dudes than you realize.
Let’s see:

Do I currently or would I ever own or display a Confederate flag in any form? No.

Do I currently or do I foresee a scenario where I would feel a need to own or use an AR? No.

Do I condone, much less contemplate, ever rushing a government building or other public gathering while brandishing said weapon? No.

Nice try.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

now do I have your vote?
If only our own intelligence agencies had time to brief Trump on the impending pandemic. Oh wait, they did.

If you choose to put a toddler with a two second attention span into the Oval Office, you don't get to whine when things distract him. Trump's refusal to listen to his own intelligence community and rely instead on the assurances of the Chinese government for info should bother all of these alleged "patriots" out there. But tsome aren't really patriots; they're just hiding their toddler hissy fit behind the US flag.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:21 am Son in Law was admitted to a Covid hospital yesterday. O2 sat was low, trouble breathing and coughing. They have him on oxygen and he says he's feeling better.
How is your daughter and grandchild doing?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:28 pm

now do I have your vote?
If only our own intelligence agencies had time to brief Trump on the impending pandemic. Oh wait, they did.

If you choose to put a toddler with a two second attention span into the Oval Office, you don't get to whine when things distract him. Trump's refusal to listen to his own intelligence community and rely instead on the assurances of the Chinese government for info should bother all of these alleged "patriots" out there. But tsome aren't really patriots; they're just hiding their toddler hissy fit behind the US flag.
But. . . but Russia! It was Dowdy’s turn! #BelieveAllWomen! Orange man bad!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Geezer wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:31 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:21 am Son in Law was admitted to a Covid hospital yesterday. O2 sat was low, trouble breathing and coughing. They have him on oxygen and he says he's feeling better.
They tested positive but seem to be doing well. They're on the phone with Mrs 99 now and granddaughter has a lot of energy.
Broham
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:58 am
I'm sorry, 99.

Hoping the best for him -- and the rest of you.
Thanks everyone, Gutter and Seahawk, for your kind wishes.
Broham
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:52 pm
They tested positive but seem to be doing well. They're on the phone with Mrs 99 now and granddaughter has a lot of energy.
Too close to home. Sorry to hear this 99.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:52 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Too close to home. Sorry to hear this 99.
^^^

I had been wondering. We're all keeping our fingers crossed. Thanks for the update.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

now do I have your vote?
I'm just thankful Donnie was able to fit in all that golf and the rallies. You know, what with all the Russian-gate stuff going on.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:11 am

now do I have your vote?
I'm just thankful Donnie was able to fit in all that golf and the rallies. You know, what with all the Russian-gate stuff going on.
Yup. If nothing else, he's an excellent multi-tasker.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

now do I have your vote?
Rory McIlroy Wouldn't Golf with Donald Trump Again; Slams Handling of COVID-19

PGA Tour star Rory McIlroy says he wouldn't accept another invitation to golf with United States President Donald Trump because of how he's handled the coronavirus pandemic.

The Northern Ireland native, who played a round of golf with Trump in 2017, explained his stance during an appearance on Thursday's episode of the McKellar Golf Podcast (via TMZ Sports):

"We're in the midst of something that's pretty serious right now, and the fact that he's trying to politicize it and make it a campaign rally and say that we've administered the most tests in the world like it's a contest—there's some stuff that just is terrible, and it's not the way a leader should act. There is a bit of sort of diplomacy that you need to show, and I just don't think he's showing that, especially in these times. ... I don't know if he'd want to play with me again after what I just said. ... But no, I probably wouldn't."

[...]
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Feral wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:27 pm

Rory McIlroy Wouldn't Golf with Donald Trump Again; Slams Handling of COVID-19

PGA Tour star Rory McIlroy says he wouldn't accept another invitation to golf with United States President Donald Trump because of how he's handled the coronavirus pandemic.

The Northern Ireland native, who played a round of golf with Trump in 2017, explained his stance during an appearance on Thursday's episode of the McKellar Golf Podcast (via TMZ Sports):

"We're in the midst of something that's pretty serious right now, and the fact that he's trying to politicize it and make it a campaign rally and say that we've administered the most tests in the world like it's a contest—there's some stuff that just is terrible, and it's not the way a leader should act. There is a bit of sort of diplomacy that you need to show, and I just don't think he's showing that, especially in these times. ... I don't know if he'd want to play with me again after what I just said. ... But no, I probably wouldn't."

[...]
. . . says the guy politicizing a casual round of golf. The irony is too precious.