republicans have no shame

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: republicans have no shame

Post by DCHawk1 »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:59 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am Also, still no word on Rivera.
Sorry, didn't see this before.

This holds a special "terrible" place for me as there is a section of Division Street not very far from Casa Chiknbut that honors Rivera. I admit to not being aware of the man until the pardon but I'm appalled by it.
Excellent response.

The thing about Rivera is that Clinton offered to pardon him/commute his sentence along with 14 other members of FALN in 1999. All Rivera had to do was renounce violence and terrorism.

He rejected Clinton's offer and chose to remain in prison for EIGHTEEN more years, rather than agree to those simple terms.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

And for the record, Blago is a crook, but 14 years may have been excessive.

Milken deserved better but was railroaded by Giuliani (natch) into pleading guilty.

I have no problem with either of these.

The rest? They are Trump being Trump.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:33 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:30 am Did you really crunch the numbers on all my posts?

cuz that’s not the number beaverfever came up wit!
😂

No. And I'm just kidding. Although I couldn't crunch the numbers on your posts because you've got some super secret settings on that make it so we can't see your most frequent topic %.
Oh, well that makes sense, considering most of my posts are on the super secret bored that you don’t get access to.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:56 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:30 am Did you really crunch the numbers on all my posts?

😂

No. And I'm just kidding. Although I couldn't crunch the numbers on your posts because you've got some super secret settings on that make it so we can't see your most frequent topic %.
Oh, well that makes sense, considering most of my posts are on the super secret bored that you don’t get access to.
Me too.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

😂

You've invented an imaginary board now too? Youve really outdone yourself this time. Right on.
Just Ledoux it
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:08 pm
chiknbut wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:59 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am Also, still no word on Rivera.
Sorry, didn't see this before.

This holds a special "terrible" place for me as there is a section of Division Street not very far from Casa Chiknbut that honors Rivera. I admit to not being aware of the man until the pardon but I'm appalled by it.
Excellent response.

The thing about Rivera is that Clinton offered to pardon him/commute his sentence along with 14 other members of FALN in 1999. All Rivera had to do was renounce violence and terrorism.

He rejected Clinton's offer and chose to remain in prison for EIGHTEEN more years, rather than agree to those simple terms.
It was my understanding that there were way more than 14 members of FALN that would remain in prison when Rivera was pardoned. He chose to stay in prison unless all members were released.

Both of these are likely true. And while Rivera was never directly connected to any of the terrorist actions, he clearly was the ring leader.

My neighborhood is a mix of Polish, Ukranian, Mexican and Puerto Rican. Just to the West of me, Humboldt Park, is heavily Puerto Rican. One of my neighbors had a "Free Rivera" poster in his window for years - it's down now. I would imagine the older generation of Puerto Rican's are 50-50 on Rivera. The younger crowd probably has no idea who he is.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:55 pm

😂

You've invented an imaginary board now too? Youve really outdone yourself this time. Right on.
If you’re gonna hold such a high expectation of verifiable truth from an anonymous internet poster, have you considered holding that same high expectation of verifiable truth from the potus as well?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:12 pm And for the record, Blago is a crook, but 14 years may have been excessive.
So, Trump just decides that the Federal Judiciary are a bunch of chumps!

I guess the same way he decides that paying Federal income taxes is "excessive" and doesn't pay any.

Anti-Corruption Rule-of-Law Party (TM) for you!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:12 pm And for the record, Blago is a crook, but 14 years may have been excessive.
So, Trump just decides that the Federal Judiciary are a bunch of chumps!
I mean...you know how pardons work, right?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:32 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:55 pm

If you’re gonna hold such a high expectation of verifiable truth from an anonymous internet poster, have you considered holding that same high expectation of verifiable truth from the potus as well?
Is that your goal to be like Trump?
Just Ledoux it
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

A good reason why Roger Stone should die in prison.

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton was made to squirm by one of his predecessors Wednesday night when Susan Rice took him to task for his failure to testify in President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial. Bolton and Rice—who served as national security adviser under former President Barack Obama—shared a stage at Vanderbilt University. Rice repeatedly criticized Bolton for not testifying before the House of Representatives, despite reports that his upcoming book will contain damning claims that Trump tied Ukraine military aid to the investigations that he wanted. “I can’t imagine withholding my testimony with or without a subpoena,” Rice reportedly told Bolton. “I would feel like I was shamefully violating the oath that I took to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.” According to the Vanderbilt Hustler student newspaper, Bolton said: “I said I would testify if subpoenaed. My position is exactly the same as Joe Biden.” Rice is reported to have hit back: “Except Joe Biden didn’t have firsthand knowledge about what transpired with Ukraine.”
Read it at The Guardian
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

He shoulda just said it was about a movie.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:05 pm He shoulda just said it was about a YouTube video.
FYP
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Brazen
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:51 pmBrazen
That Susan Rice still shows her face in public?

Yep.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Of course:

Florida’s official Republican Party Facebook page, along with nine other Florida Republican county Facebook pages, have a page manager located in Turkmenistan, a country in Central Asia with no public affiliation to Florida Republicans or political social media consultants. All ten of the Facebook page managers from Turkmenistan disappeared after Forensic News contacted the Florida GOP page owner for comment.

In addition to the Florida state GOP page, Collier, Flagler, Highlands, Hillsborough, Leon, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pinellas, and Wakulla Counties also showed a Turkmenistan manager. Those pages also show at least one American manager...
Last edited by Shirley on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zOmg!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Feral wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:20 pm Props to President George HW Bush:

For those of you too young to remember, there was a time when some republicans had principles:

Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

For those of you too young to remember, there was a time when the posters on this board referred to "Bush 43" as the worst president who ever lived, a drunk, a drug addict, a war criminal, Hitler reincarnated, the dumbest man in the world, etc., etc., ad nauseam.