Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:45 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:27 pm i’m starting to be convinced that randy IS lobster
Was Lobster ever THIS fucking stupid tho?
yes.....just not as.....aggressively confrontational about it.

although, towards the end he was sort of passively aggressive about it by spamming every thread with 4 hr YouTube videos.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:13 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:49 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:22 pm right around the time they get real jobs, start paying taxes, start their own family, get a mortgage, start a 401k, is when they start voting republican.
Hmmmm… right about the time I woke up and stopped being a supporter of the GOP.
AKA right around the time that most of us left our houses and our parent's influences and realized that there is a much bigger world where people grew up in dramatically different surroundings than that in which we grew up.
Nailed it
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:11 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:43 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:28 am
are you really?

kinda cool if so
Yep, on my moms side.
Sorry I came off as harsh. My bad.

Huge genealogy buff. Glad to hear you were able to tie yourself into such a prominent family. Aside from the "that's fucking cool" part, it makes finding information a lot easier. Rich, important people had dates and names kept track of much better than the rest of the population. Fun stuff. It's crazy to imagine what their days were. At least with well-known ancestors, we get a better glimpse of what it may have been. See, now you're going to force me to crack open my ancestry file for a bit. Down the rabbit hole we go...
Yeah, it’s interesting too to see the influence of illnesses that swept across areas. And war
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:12 am
twocoach wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:11 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:43 pm

Yep, on my moms side.
Sorry I came off as harsh. My bad.

Huge genealogy buff. Glad to hear you were able to tie yourself into such a prominent family. Aside from the "that's fucking cool" part, it makes finding information a lot easier. Rich, important people had dates and names kept track of much better than the rest of the population. Fun stuff. It's crazy to imagine what their days were. At least with well-known ancestors, we get a better glimpse of what it may have been. See, now you're going to force me to crack open my ancestry file for a bit. Down the rabbit hole we go...
Yeah, it’s interesting too to see the influence of illnesses that swept across areas. And war
And the jobs people had as well as how many people were classified as being "insane".
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

one of the most interesting things, to me, which it now seems likely to be more ubiquitous, was finding out i have ancestors on both sides of the civil war
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:25 am one of the most interesting things, to me, which it now seems likely to be more ubiquitous, was finding out i have ancestors on both sides of the civil war
Fine people, I'm sure.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:25 am one of the most interesting things, to me, which it now seems likely to be more ubiquitous, was finding out i have ancestors on both sides of the civil war
me too, but I imagine that's fairly common given how that war split families apart, particularly given most of my line at that time was on border states, Kansas, Tennessee, Ohio, Texas, Illinois.

I take pride in the fact that as far back as I can find. Despite living all throughout the Midwest none of my known line ever stopped to live in Missouri. Theres evidence of them living in all bordering states...and none stopped in that shithole.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sadly, a large portion of my ancestors WERE in Misery

Full disclosure….I was born in Misery.
My folks got me out as soon as it was obvious I was destined to be a Jayhawk at an early age.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

This is what will actually save our country. Not big government, or votes

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Your realize that you will have to convince a woman to go on a date with you first though.
randylahey wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:09 pm This is what will actually save our country. Not big government, or votes

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

japhy wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:33 pm Your realize that you will have to convince a woman to go on a date with you first though.
randylahey wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:09 pm This is what will actually save our country. Not big government, or votes

Women tend to be attracted to masculinity. Which is why I've been married and never had your issues.

There isn't much about a liberal softboy that excites a woman
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Who did they leave you for?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

japhy wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:56 pm Who did they leave you for?
Still married. Been meaning I've been married for awhile
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Is she Asian?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:57 pm
Your insecurity is disturbing
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:05 pm
^^^

I'm old enough to remember when, if you couldn't overcome your compulsion to tell people how rich, or smart, or masculine you were, instead of demonstrating it with your actions over time, it was 99.9% accepted that you weren't, and were attempting to compensate for the it. And, you felt sorry for the person for their feelings of inadequacy.

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I've literally never mentioned my personal life. Until japhy started taking shots at me not getting laid or getting a woman. Which is inappropriate

All I said is I've been married for years
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:36 pm
japhy wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:33 pm Your realize that you will have to convince a woman to go on a date with you first though.

Women tend to be attracted to masculinity. Which is why I've been married and never had your issues.

There isn't much about a liberal softboy that excites a woman
So much stupid in a tiny little package
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:06 pm

I've literally never mentioned my personal life. Until japhy started taking shots at me not getting laid or getting a woman. Which is inappropriate

But the masculinity stuff, the obsession with trans people, the whole attitude sounds like you're hiding something. Maybe from yourself.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:18 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:06 pm

But the masculinity stuff, the obsession with trans people, the whole attitude sounds like you're hiding something. Maybe from yourself.
Or