Robert f Kennedy jr

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Robert f Kennedy jr

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:39 am …Trump very well MAY be the better person to be President for me.

:lol:

in what way(s), specifically?
My Top Ten in No Particular Order

1.) Controlling the border - something Giggles never made even a pretense of doing
2.) Deport those here illegally, taking burden off of local law enforcement, hospitals, and social service agencies so they can care for people who pay taxes and belong here
3.) Stop sending billions of dollars to Ukraine and other places that have nothing to do with quality of life here
4.) Use tariffs to ensure that China isn't flooding the market with their goods and to encourage development of domestic manufacturing and job creation
5.) Increase energy independence via refinery expansion and resource exploration
6.) Move away from the Fed and back to a gold standard currency
7.) Not doing asinine things like price controls and giving free money to people for mortgage down payments that have demonstrably been linked to economic disaster
8.) Staying out of conflicts between other nations that have nothing to do with us
9.) Putting Tony Fauci in prison for the rest of his life. It would just make me feel better.
10.) Not having a dimwit, giggling pill head as the spokesperson for our nation
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

^^^

not a serious person

it’s amazing to me that someone who so often touts their own intelligence, makes so little effort to actually educate themselves…instead allowing themselves to fall victim to falsehoods, ignorance, and fear
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:58 am i know the wishy-washy contrarianism is just gutter, but i’m genuinely curious (despite the laughing emoji)

will electing trump:

-make Chicago safer?

-improve Gutter’s financial situation? how?

-make Chicago and the country as a whole cleaner and healthier?

-improve our standing globally? make the U.S. safer globally?
I'll answer your 7:39am post along with the one above.

I'll start with the one above.
Very important that I preface this by saying I fully realize Congress and of course local government and law enforcement would/might/also has a bearing on these things.....

1. If what he says is true, then yes - it would make Chicago safer.
2. If what he says is true, then yes, it would improve my financial situation. Both in regards to how it would affect the company I work for me directly.
3. I don't know if Trump would help make Chicago cleaner. If so, that would be another reason why Trump MAY be the better President for ME.
4. Our "standing globally" isn't what I think about when I say "me" but absolutely I would prefer the US be safer globally. If what he says is true, then yes - the US MAY be safer globally.

Trump MAY be a better President for me because.....
See #s 1 and 2.

My life (and well being) and my money are 2 of the 3 most important things to me. My family being the other 1 of the 3.
Yes, of course my health is a huge part of my "well being" but I am referring to my safety as well as my mother's and other family members living in Chicago, safety.

* Heck, while my cousin was busy at the convention on Wednesday night, there was a shooting across the street from one of his homes. The guy who was shot in the head died either late last night or this morning in the hospital.
* In regards to Trump, I am 100% in support of law enforcement having more power, being allowed to police before something takes place instead of just after something takes place.
I am 100% in favor of dangerous criminals being prosecuted and put in jail and not just given a slap on the wrist and being back out on the streets causing more dangerous crime right after they have committed a dangerous crime.
* "Migrants". They surround me. Most harmless. Some far from being harmless. We have a problem with criminal acts being committed by the "migrants" in the city of Chicago.

#2 My financial situation is extremely complicated. I have different parameters in which my "finances" are set up. Trump would/will most likely help me more than Harris would/will in regards to the entirety of my personal finances. Bottom line, overall, I was better off with Trump than I have been with Biden.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if what he says is true?

seriously?

c’mon, gutter…you’re better than that
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:38 am ^^^

not a serious person

it’s amazing to me that someone who so often touts their own intelligence, makes so little effort to actually educate themselves…instead allowing themselves to fall victim to falsehoods, ignorance, and fear
They are (with the exception of the last two) all serious issues that must be addressed, unless, like you and some of your posse, you enjoy living like we have been for the last four years, in which case, this country is going to get mighty uncomfortable for you. I hear Canada is nice this time of year.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:42 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:58 am i know the wishy-washy contrarianism is just gutter, but i’m genuinely curious (despite the laughing emoji)

will electing trump:

-make Chicago safer?

-improve Gutter’s financial situation? how?

-make Chicago and the country as a whole cleaner and healthier?

-improve our standing globally? make the U.S. safer globally?
I'll answer your 7:39am post along with the one above.

I'll start with the one above.
Very important that I preface this by saying I fully realize Congress and of course local government and law enforcement would/might/also has a bearing on these things.....

1. If what he says is true, then yes - it would make Chicago safer.
2. If what he says is true, then yes, it would improve my financial situation. Both in regards to how it would affect the company I work for me directly.
3. I don't know if Trump would help make Chicago cleaner. If so, that would be another reason why Trump MAY be the better President for ME.
4. Our "standing globally" isn't what I think about when I say "me" but absolutely I would prefer the US be safer globally. If what he says is true, then yes - the US MAY be safer globally.

Trump MAY be a better President for me because.....
See #s 1 and 2.

My life (and well being) and my money are 2 of the 3 most important things to me. My family being the other 1 of the 3.
Yes, of course my health is a huge part of my "well being" but I am referring to my safety as well as my mother's and other family members living in Chicago, safety.

* Heck, while my cousin was busy at the convention on Wednesday night, there was a shooting across the street from one of his homes. The guy who was shot in the head died either late last night or this morning in the hospital.
* In regards to Trump, I am 100% in support of law enforcement having more power, being allowed to police before something takes place instead of just after something takes place.
I am 100% in favor of dangerous criminals being prosecuted and put in jail and not just given a slap on the wrist and being back out on the streets causing more dangerous crime right after they have committed a dangerous crime.
* "Migrants". They surround me. Most harmless. Some far from being harmless. We have a problem with criminal acts being committed by the "migrants" in the city of Chicago.

#2 My financial situation is extremely complicated. I have different parameters in which my "finances" are set up. Trump would/will most likely help me more than Harris would/will in regards to the entirety of my personal finances. Bottom line, overall, I was better off with Trump than I have been with Biden.
Good boy, Gutter! Glad to see you're thinking pragmatically. Lots of people are starting to do the same after living in this mess for almost four years now.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:48 am

not a serious person

They are (with the exception of the last two) all serious issues that must be addressed, unless, like you and some of your posse, you enjoy living like we have been for the last four years, in which case, this country is going to get mighty uncomfortable for you. I hear Canada is nice this time of year.
nobody said the issues weren’t serious

YOU aren’t serious by just regurgitating right-wing drivel
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:44 am if what he says is true?

seriously?

c’mon, gutter…you’re better than that
Ok, you got me there.
Now let's take away the "if what he says is true" from my post. Now let's add it to a post about Kamala and say - "If what she says is true".
Problem is WE know better and WE'RE better than that too.
Of course it's to much different levels between the two of them but...... I'm just sayin'.
My hope is you read the rest of my post, because it was candid and while I have said I will NOT vote for Trump, those are things that are important to me - and many people who WILL vote for Trump because of it.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:53 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:48 am

not a serious person

nobody said the issues weren’t serious

YOU aren’t serious by just regurgitating right-wing drivel
Sez the guy spewing Leftist dogma.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:33 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:39 am …Trump very well MAY be the better person to be President for me.

1.) Controlling the border - something Giggles never made even a pretense of doing
2.) Deport those here illegally, taking burden off of local law enforcement, hospitals, and social service agencies so they can care for people who pay taxes and belong here
3.) Stop sending billions of dollars to Ukraine and other places that have nothing to do with quality of life here
4.) Use tariffs to ensure that China isn't flooding the market with their goods and to encourage development of domestic manufacturing and job creation
5.) Increase energy independence via refinery expansion and resource exploration
7.) Not doing asinine things like price controls and giving free money to people for mortgage down payments that have demonstrably been linked to economic disaster
8.) Staying out of conflicts between other nations that have nothing to do with us
9.) Putting Tony Fauci in prison for the rest of his life. It would just make me feel better.
https://taxfoundation.org/blog/tariffs- ... od-prices/

"The economic literature shows that the U.S. import tariffs and subsequent retaliatory tariffs imposed by China and other countries on U.S. agricultural exports have hurt the U.S. agricultural industry and could impact future production, further raising food prices."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I will again say that, even assuming the actual seriousness of all of these issues, anyone SERIOUS about solving them the non-Democratic Party way would have cut bait on Trump and supported the nomination of literally ANY other R candidate, who would probably have run away with this election.

If the issues ARE that serious, then one would have chosen the issues over the personality.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:17 am I will again say that, even assuming the actual seriousness of all of these issues, anyone SERIOUS about solving them the non-Democratic Party way would have cut bait on Trump and supported the nomination of literally ANY other R candidate, who would probably have run away with this election.

If the issues ARE that serious, then one would have chosen the issues over the personality.
But then they'd have to give up all the comforting benefits that accrue from having a cult leader, a cheerleader, who gives you an external enemy, an "other" to blame for all your personal shortcomings, and a grand conspiratorial theory that not only absolves you of any blame for your circumstance, but wraps all these scary unknowns and ambiguities into a nice bundle that answers many of the difficult questions and difficulties being alive is fraught with.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:17 am I will again say that, even assuming the actual seriousness of all of these issues, anyone SERIOUS about solving them the non-Democratic Party way would have cut bait on Trump and supported the nomination of literally ANY other R candidate, who would probably have run away with this election.

What other Rs do you think would have "run away" with this election? I can't think of a single one.
Also, what D would you think would have a better chance to beat Trump than Harris does? I can think of a couple.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 am

What other Rs do you think would have "run away" with this election? I can't think of a single one.
Also, what D would you think would have a better chance to beat Trump than Harris does? I can think of a couple.
If the Rs would have nominated Haley, for example, we’d be battening down the hatches for her inauguration. Harris wouldn’t have been able to rescue the Ds.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:11 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:33 am

https://taxfoundation.org/blog/tariffs- ... od-prices/

"The economic literature shows that the U.S. import tariffs and subsequent retaliatory tariffs imposed by China and other countries on U.S. agricultural exports have hurt the U.S. agricultural industry and could impact future production, further raising food prices."
And yet they worked just fine in the Trump administration.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

As to the D question - the convention made clear that the Ds have a dozen people who would, in January, make great Presidents. But none had the advantages of Harris, so Harris was the obvious choice. And good on the Ds for just admitting it.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:54 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 am

If the Rs would have nominated Haley, for example, we’d be battening down the hatches for her inauguration. Harris wouldn’t have been able to rescue the Ds.
I respectfully disagree.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:57 am As to the D question - the convention made clear that the Ds have a dozen people who would, in January, make great Presidents. But none had the advantages of Harris, so Harris was the obvious choice. And good on the Ds for just admitting it.
"The convention made clear". Sorry, I'm not getting that. What did the convention make clear? Because people in the crowd cheered loudly for them? Or because they read a written speech for them? What am I missing in regards to what the convention made clear?
I agree 100% that none had the advantages of Harris (at the time Biden announced he was dropping out), and I feel Harris was the "obvious" choice, but I am confident many in power in the Democratic Party didn't feel she was the "best" choice, and there was some heavy debate going on.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

And yet they worked just fine in the Trump administration.

not a serious person

https://taxfoundation.org/research/all/ ... n-tariffs/

tariffs generally suck for prices, regardless of who institutes them

c’mon, you claim to be smarter than this
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:19 am
jfish26 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:57 am As to the D question - the convention made clear that the Ds have a dozen people who would, in January, make great Presidents. But none had the advantages of Harris, so Harris was the obvious choice. And good on the Ds for just admitting it.
"The convention made clear". Sorry, I'm not getting that. What did the convention make clear? Because people in the crowd cheered loudly for them? Or because they read a written speech for them? What am I missing in regards to what the convention made clear?
I agree 100% that none had the advantages of Harris (at the time Biden announced he was dropping out), and I feel Harris was the "obvious" choice, but I am confident many in power in the Democratic Party didn't feel she was the "best" choice, and there was some heavy debate going on.
I’m positive that there was “heavy debate going on.” I think it is a testament to the party, and to the seriousness of the task at hand, that that debate didn’t turn public in a way that resulted in subjecting the only realistic choice to attacks from within her own party, particularly from its own left.

Everyone’s mileage varies.

My opinion is that the D bench includes a dozen or so people with the credentials, experience, temperament, character and ability to be a strong C-in-C in 2025-29.