Emporia State

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Emporia State

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Just signed up for espn+....free 7 day trial, so everyone should be able to get this game for free, even if they don't want to pay 5$/month for the other games that will be on it this year.

I'm pumped for tonight. Been trying to figure out what kind of bar food I want to enjoy during the game!

Very excited to see how improved Dok is, and how he and dedric look out there together.

The guard rotation is going to be interesting, because it can go a lot of ways.

Big rotation is less confusing without SDS. I'm interested to see if McCormack is ahead of or behind Lightfoot....also curious if no SDS means more KJ at the 4, or if that just means more Lightfoot/McCormack.

We get our first look at a lot of new guys tonight. I'm guessing it'll be sloppy at first, but these guys are going to be juiced since many haven't played an actual game in AFH before.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Emporia State

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm waiting for my 7-day trial until they play someone like Wofford or somebody along those lines.

Good thing is, there is only 3 regular season games on ESPN+/Jayhawk Network. Everything else on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU. Years past, it's seemed to be about 5 games on Jayhawk Network.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Also,

I honestly thought this was going to be a Know Your Phoe for a minute.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 75

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:31 am Also,

Sorry phoe the letdown, but I assure you this is better entertainment than you'll find on the poli-board/bored.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:02 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:31 am Also,

Sorry phoe the letdown, but I assure you this is better entertainment than you'll find on the poli-board/bored.
Poli bored is why we can't have a know yer phoe, and several other good posters.

But there are all the political memes you could ever want, so there's that.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Ok Illannoy, you asked for it, you got it.

Tonight's minutes breakdown:

Dok 15
Lawson 15
Lawson 20
Vick 12
McCormack 22
Lightfoot 20
Dotson 21
Moore 20
Grimes 22
Garrett 17
Agbaji 15
walk-ons whatever is left

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I think Agbaji gets less (why bother playing him much if he's gonna take a shirt).
I think Vick gets more so he can work on being an on-court leader in a realish game situation.
I think Garrett gets more, including minutes at the 1. So a little less then for Moore and/or Dotson.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Mjl wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:33 pm I think Agbaji gets less (why bother playing him much if he's gonna take a shirt).
Devil's advocate answer: To make sure you want to shirt him.
I think Vick gets more so he can work on being an on-court leader in a realish game situation.
I actually don't think Self cares about stuff like that...I mean I think he thinks leadership matters, but not in that context.
I think Garrett gets more, including minutes at the 1. So a little less then for Moore and/or Dotson.
I think we'll see quite a bit of Moore at the 2...so Garrett playing the one might not impact his minutes all that much.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm not going to watch.
Bad fan.

I'll sign up for the 7 day ESPN+ free trial on November 16th for Louisiana then the following week, sign up for a month and then cancel on December 19th.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:47 pm I'm not going to watch.
Bad fan.

I'll sign up for the 7 day ESPN+ free trial on November 16th for Louisiana then the following week, sign up for a month and then cancel on December 19th.
You sound pretty hard up for cash, no wonder you had to make up a girlfriend.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That means I may miss the only 'game action' Agbaji will see this season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:48 pm
Bad fan.

It's the principle.
I'm already paying for ESPN/ESPN2.
I was also getting ESPN3.

You make ESPN3 worse and say you are adding to the experience.
Deleted User 75

I'm going with Dok as the leading scorer tonight.

I'm going with Dedric as most rebounds.

Assists I have no idea. Hopefully Dedric?

I think the freshman will look like freshman. I think Garrett still won't be able to shoot very well. I think Self will cover his mouth at least one time to curse at someone.
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

Link to Emporia State Men's BB site:
https://esuhornets.com/news/2018/10/23/ ... ath=mbball

"SERIES HISTORY
This will be the 25th meeting between the two teams overall and the ninth in exhibition play. KU holds a 13-3 overall regular season advantage and is 8-0 in exhibition play. The two teams first met in 1903 when Emporia State defeated Kansas 25-13. The last Hornet win was a 67-44 decision in White Auditorium on Dec. 13, 1947.

LAST TIMEOUT VS KANSAS
Emporia State fell 104-62 at #3 Kansas in Allen Fieldhouse. A Garin Vandiver three-pointer out of the first media timeout pulled the Hornets into an 11-11 tie at the 15:16 mark. Kansas then went on a 23-2 run to take control of the game. The Jayhawks outscored Emporia State 56-16 in the paint during the game. Duncan Fort led the Hornets in scoring off the bench with ten points."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tidbits from that game:

With Carlton Bragg’s benching, the frontcourt now has more questions than answers. First, some good news. Udoka Azubuike is going to be fantastic, but it will take time. Tonight, the 7-footer scored 13 points (10 on dunks), and pulled down seven boards. His much leaner frame allows him to be extremely active, if foul-prone, on both ends. He’s solidified the role of third big man for the Jayhawks. Landen Lucas was quiet, but effective. He showed some nice post moves and his rebounding acumen, scoring six and pulling down seven rebounds in just 16 minutes. He’ll be solid all year long.

Carlton Bragg’s struggles are somewhat mystifying. He’s combined for just eight points and six rebounds over the two exhibition games, as well as seven fouls. Beyond the statistics, Bragg looks like he’s pressing, trying to be the breakout player we all expect him to be. It’s going to be difficult for Bragg to get worse than he was tonight, as he only had two points, but fouled out with 11 minutes left in the second half, and turned it over five times in 15 minutes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:50 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:48 pm
Bad fan.

It's the principle.
I'm already paying for ESPN/ESPN2.
I was also getting ESPN3.

You make ESPN3 worse and say you are adding to the experience.
Yeah, but now I can read all those awesome espn articles that were behind a pay wall before today!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So glad KU basketball is back. It's been a long summer.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oh, I didn't know it was linked to the site/articles as well.
OK, well, maybe I'll hold onto it until December 29th.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I beleive if you need go the espn+ route. you can sign up today. get a free 7 day trial. and keep it until the eastern michigan game (dec 29) then cancel right after. you will pay 10 dollars for 2 months and get all 6 games not televised. Thats only $1.66 a game.

I'm cheap and didn't want to pay extra for those games, mainly cause of the principal of it. was going to just go watch at a bar with the right cable package. but shit. I'd spend a hell of a lot more than that watching 6 games at a bar (and have a lot less of an idea what happened)