Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/16/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/16/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. Rank Donald Trump as an asshole on a scale of 0-100. 0 being the most wonderful person in the world and 100 being the biggest asshole in the world.

2. I don't believe there is a "God" who controls what happens to me. That being said, I do overthink bizarre coincidences and question how/why they happen.
In the past 48 hours these things have happened to me.
* My food and tax total was my birthday.
* A payout on a horse race was my birthday.
* I had to ship an item to a person who's address is my birthday.
* My mother sent me an email and the time it was sent was my birthday.
I was standing on a street corner and there was a police car that pulled someone over. The last 4 digits of their license plate is my birthday.
* This morning I looked at the expiration date of the K-Cups (don't judge) I was using - and it is my birthday.
My question is.....
How would YOU explain this?
a) A sign from God
b) A strange coincidence
c) Synchronicity
d) Someone somehow fucking with me
e) None of the above.

3. You live in an apartment building and you have a hot (good looking) neighbor. He/she often cooks and you can smell what they are cooking. Usually it smells like shit ("shit" to me being fish, vegetables, rice, and unidentifiable odors) but every once in a blue moon something smells really good ("really good" to me being meat, onions/garlic, baking cookies/cake/brownies).
One day you go out in the hallway and they open their door to throw out garbage. They were cooking something that smelled like shit. It fucking reeks and the odor is permeating YOUR apartment.
Which of any of the following would you say to the person?
a) Gee, that smells really good.
b) Gee, that fucking stinks.
c) Hi, in the future is there anyway you can please try and do something to alleviate if not completely eliminate your cooking odors?
d) I don't know what you're cooking but I wouldn't feed that shit to my dog if my dog was dying of hunger.
e) What the fuck are you cooking in there? It smells like a cross between dog crap and pig vomit. Do you actually eat that vile smelling shit?
f) Next time you are going to cook will you please knock on my door and tell me what you are going to cook so I can decide if I should stay in my apartment or leave for a few hours.
g) STOP FUCKING COOKING SHIT THAT SMEEKS UP THE ENTIRE FLOOR INCLUDING MY APARTMENT.
h) Hello, I hope you are having a pleasant evening/day/morning.

4. Many people prefer typically hot food and beverages to be cold when they eat/drink them.
Which of the following do you prefer to eat/drink cold instead of hot? You are not limited to one answer so answer ALL letters that apply.
a) Pizza
b) Fried Chicken
c) Roasted Potatoes
d) Coffee
e) Meatloaf
f) Apple Pie
g) BBQ Pork
h) Lasagna
i) Mac & Cheese
j) Lobster

5. Speaking of strange things (question #2 today) .....
I have an old schoolmate who I consider to be a friend. He has 2 daughters and they are both college age. I freak out whenever I see photos of them because one looks EXACTLY like a girl I dated at KU and the other one looks EXACTLY like a 50/50 cross between a former co-worker and my former physical therapist.
NEITHER look like him or his wife. I have no idea if his wife gave birth to them or if they were adopted.
I have never asked him and I am uncomfortable doing as such.
All that being said, were YOU or do you have a close relative (grandfather, grandmother father, mother, sister, brother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, cousin) who was adopted?
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Questions for 7/16/20

Post by pdub »

1. 89
2. b
3. I wouldn't say any of those but if i HAD to choose, it's h, people are allowed to cook in their own apartment
4. Only j and only if it's a lobster roll - I prefer a roll over boiled
5. No
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1. 94
2. E
3. H
4. F (room temp, not "cold"). A i can do cold, but prefer it hot. None of the rest.
5. No
Deleted User 289

1. 96
2. b
3. I don't think c is inappropriate. I use an oven fan, light a candle, and open my windows when I cook. I'm torn between C and h.
4. BIG difference between "prefer" and tolerate. I don't "prefer" any of those foods/beverages cold and I NEVER eat h, i, and j warm or cold.
5. Yes. I was adopted and my sister was adopted by my father. My mother was married and her first husband died of cancer in his young 30s. She had my sister with her first husband. She married my father and he adopted my sister when she was 6 years old (before I was born).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. high 90s
2. e
3. who knew that The Rock was actually a female, and gutter's neighbor? cuz gutter smells what she's cookin'
4. I like them all better hot and fresh, but more so than all the rest, cold pizza has a certain appeal
5. I think one of my cousins is technically adopted. I also dated a chick who was adopted as an infant from Colombia
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) 5,861
2) D, George Soros
3) Break up with her
4) A, maybe B too
5) Yup, me.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. 82
2. If theres a god i hopw he doesnt worry about that type of shit
3. H
4. Ill eat any of them cold
5. No
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

2. Buy a lottery ticket with your birth date.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. 10,000
2. Tomorrow pay attention to your mom’s birthday and you’ll see similar coincidences
3. h
4. d
5. My dad and (biological) sister-in-law, both by their respective aunts. Biological dad’s sister in my dad’s case, at around age 5 and by biological mom’s sister on day 4 for my s-i-l. My wife is very close to her biological sister/adopted cousin. Apparently she didn’t know she was adopted until she was about 15 and was very upset when she found out, but realized rather quickly that her adopted parents loved her more than anything and made her even closer to them.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I found out I was adopted in my late 40's.
Pretty interesting story.
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Are you gonna tell it b/c I like a good story ( even ousdahl's and gutter's long winded ones I read ).
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Got an appointment coming up. I'll get it on here.
Broham
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:02 am 5. I think one of my cousins is technically adopted. I also dated a chick who was adopted as an infant from Colombia
Was she the only girl you’ve dated with real daddy issues?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Gqcolorado wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:14 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:02 am 5. I think one of my cousins is technically adopted. I also dated a chick who was adopted as an infant from Colombia
Was she the only girl you’ve dated with real daddy issues?
I just briefly glanced over both of these comments and thought you were talking about his cousin. Haha, yep, typical ous...
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

zsn wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:41 pm 1. 10,000
2. Tomorrow pay attention to your mom’s birthday and you’ll see similar coincidences
3. h
4. d
5. My dad and (biological) sister-in-law, both by their respective aunts. Biological dad’s sister in my dad’s case, at around age 5 and by biological mom’s sister on day 4 for my s-i-l. My wife is very close to her biological sister/adopted cousin. Apparently she didn’t know she was adopted until she was about 15 and was very upset when she found out, but realized rather quickly that her adopted parents loved her more than anything and made her even closer to them.
2. I woke up this morning, looked at my clock, it was my mother's birthday. Figured I would see something else today. So far I have not.
Deleted User 289

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:17 pm Got an appointment coming up. I'll get it on here.
If/when you get a chance, I would like to read the story.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

This happened in late 2008 or early 2009.
My dad was in and out of the hospital, a lot. He had a lot wrong with him and he didn't have much time left.
A buddy of mine invited Mrs 99 and I, and a few others to Bluestem, cuz the chef there is a friend too, to meet his fiance who recently moved to KC from the DC area.
While driving to Westport, Mrs 99 turns to me as asks, "How come you never told me you were adopted?"
"I'm not adopted, you're crazy." (Well, she is but..)
"Your Mom says you are. She told me not to worry that any of the stuff going on with your dad was hereditary to you cuz your adopted. She said she told you"
I'm kinda stressin at this point and remember a time when I was a kid, probably 2nd or 3rd grade. The neighborhood kids were teasing me saying that I was adopted cuz my real mom didn't love me. As any kid would do, I ran to Mom and Dad in tears. Their answer was, "So what if you are?" and that was about it. I ran back out and called them all liars and went back to playing. I never thought about it again until Mrs 99 brought it up.
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Huh.
I can't tell you how you would feel/should feel but I woulda been like, how come you told my wife, Mrs 99, but not me?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It sounds like mom counts the fleeting comment in 2nd grade as having told him?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Pretty sure she does.
Broham