Grandma's 5 Quick Questions for 8/19/20

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Grandma's 5 Quick Questions for 8/19/20

Post by Deleted User 289 »

1. Name an Island you have been to.

2. TWO PARTER
This evening someone will prepare "BBQed", "smoked", or "grilled" food for you. You get to pick one single food to have ""BBQed", "smoked" or "grilled". What type of cooking do you choose and what food do you choose?

3. There is something I have noticed for many years but lately I have been noticing it more.
Seems to me most women have thicker upper legs than their husbands/boyfriends.
Do you agree, disagree, or as Sergeant Albright at KU in the mid 80s would say, pay no never mind to it?

4. Other than Allen Field House, name a "stadium" that you have been to MORE THAN ONCE and are a big fan of.

5. Name something in your "medicine cabinet" that you have and you think most people do not have in their's.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Grandma's 5 Quick Questions for 8/19/20

Post by pdub »

1. Turks & Caicos
2. Err I mean BBQ'd/smoked is kinda interchangeable for me but i'm going burnt ends.
3. Agree?
4. Fenway
5. Err...Arm & Hammer toothpaste?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

1. Isle de Goree
2. Smoked chicken breast
3. Never noticed
4. Chase Center
5. Pocket knife
Deleted User 289

1. Not sure why but Puerto Rico was the first one that came to my mind.
2. Thinking right now in terms of what I would want tonight - Grilled MASSIVE sized (but semi-thin) NY Strip steak. That probably wouldn't be my first choice all the time.
3. Obviously I agree.
4. I have been to many multiple times. Very hard to pick a single one. Rose Bowl is a favorite in terms of atmosphere surrounding the stadium but the stadium its-self kind of sucks. The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is cool in terms of its history but again, the stadium its-self kind of sucks. Same thing with Notre Dame Stadium.
Wrigley would be the obvious answer and Guaranteed Rate Field would be a less obvious answer. Soldier Field might be an answer as might the United Center. Instead I am going to come up with a more obscure one - The old Comiskey Park - or maybe the Astrodome. If I have to pick one that still exists, not sure if this counts as a "stadium" but I am going to go with Santa Anita Race Track.
5. Fluoride given to me by my Periodontist.
shindig

Post by shindig »

1. Virgin Islands (both US and British)
2. Smoked brisket
3. Agree
4. Probably Arrowhead
5. Gargle rinse from my dentist for canker sores I occasionally get
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

1 - Catalina

2 - Are they good at it? I'd love for someone more talented than me to do ribs or brisket. If they suck, I'll say burgers because they're hard to screw up.

3 - Most? I won't buy that.

4 - Dodger Stadium

5 - At least a half-dozen Chap Sticks.
Deleted User 289

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:53 am 1 - Catalina

2 - Are they good at it? I'd love for someone more talented than me to do ribs or brisket. If they suck, I'll say burgers because they're hard to screw up.

4 - Dodger Stadium

Funny (or not so funny) you named Catalina. Friend of mine went yesterday. See pics below.

I haven't been there in 40+ years. Always put it on my list when I am in LA and yet I don't make it there. Next time I am in LA I am going to make the effort.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Puerto Rico
2) Barbecued burnt ends
3) Probably, I haven't studied this issue
4) The K
5) Pictures of grandma's grandma
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. San Juan
2. Brisket
3. Maybe
4. Husky Stadium
5. Infant Tylenol
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Grandma wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:57 am

4 - Dodger Stadium

Funny (or not so funny) you named Catalina. Friend of mine went yesterday. See pics below.

I haven't been there in 40+ years. Always put it on my list when I am in LA and yet I don't make it there. Next time I am in LA I am going to make the effort.

It's a neat place. I just don't like that the primary beaches face East. I want sunsets, not sunrises.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. Alcatraz
2. whole pig. (what's the difference between "bbq" or "smoked?" cuz you can't fit a whole pig in a crock pot.
3. break up with her
4. "The Pit" MacArthur court, the old wooden venue Oregon used to play in before Shoe Money Arena.
5. KY jelly
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:12 am
Grandma wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:57 am

4 - Dodger Stadium

It's a neat place. I just don't like that the primary beaches face East. I want sunsets, not sunrises.
Not for me. Ill take a sunrise every time.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

1. Jekyll Island and Pawleys Island are the only 2 i can think of. Maybe Hilton Head Island.
2. Ribs or briskett
3. Pay no never mind to it...but it holds true in my marriage.
4. Arrowhead Stadium is cool, but i think i have only been there for a soccer game or 2 back in the day. Hinkel Fieldhouse is cool too but have only been there once.
5. Drug test kit (never used it, but wanted to make sure i was clean before a job interview back in the day....but then i found out i wasnt going to be tested).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. Coronado Island count?
2. Smoked brisket. Muah!
3. Sure
4. Kauffman Stadium.
5. Emergen-C
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I guess in my mind I equated the stadiums that I'm a fan of as ones other than the KC market.
If I can pick Kauffman, Arrowhead Stadium or Children's Mercy Park, I will pick one of those.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. So many islands- various Hawaiian islands, England, Ireland, Bahamas, Iceland, Alcatraz, Alameda, Hong Kong, Japan, Hydra, Florida Keys, Galveston, Singapore. These are the ones I readily remember

2. Vegetables, corn. Grilled eggplant is especially delicious

3. True in my case

4. Kauffman, PacBell/ATT/Oracle

5. I don’t have a medicine cabinet. I have my medications and stuff in a drawer underneath the sink. Unusual would be many pairs of hard contact lenses going back several years, which have been replaced by newer ones. But I have hoarded them for no rational reason (except perhaps for the most
recently replaced one)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

1. St. John has been my favorite
2. BBQ ribs or brisket
3. Men get fat mostly above the hips; women get fat mostly below the hips. Visceral fat (like around your organs) has androgen receptors (testosterone, etc...) while subcutaneous fat (just under your skin) has estrogen receptors. I havent noticed that changing, just that more people are fat overall.
4. Oriole Park at Camden Yards and Arrowhead.
5. No clue. Pretty standard fare for a house with 2 kids and 3 females.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

1. Treasure Island
2. Smoked brisket, making one Saturday
3. Umm... Ok?
4. Wrigley
5. Not sure if I have looked in it.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:11 pm Men get fat mostly above the hips; women get fat mostly below the hips. Visceral fat (like around your organs) has androgen receptors (testosterone, etc...) while subcutaneous fat (just under your skin) has estrogen receptors.
🙄🤣🙄🤣

For a guy who works at a bank this reeks of plagiarism/copy&paste. LOL
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:58 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:11 pm Men get fat mostly above the hips; women get fat mostly below the hips. Visceral fat (like around your organs) has androgen receptors (testosterone, etc...) while subcutaneous fat (just under your skin) has estrogen receptors.
🙄🤣🙄🤣

For a guy who works at a bank this reeks of plagiarism/copy&paste. LOL
For a guy who knows nothing about my decades spent in high level competitive athletics, this reeks of just another dumbass Illy assumption.