Drugs

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Drugs

Post by ousdahl »

Who wants to move back to Oregon with me?!
Deleted User 289

Re: Drugs

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I'll let you in on a little secret. They don't have to be "legal" for you to use them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well duh.

but there's also a big difference between a $100 fine, and prison time.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also 3-5 states getting more chill about weed too
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Oregon leading the country on this one. The War on Drugs needs to end
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I can't agree that heroin at any amount should be legal.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

It’s not
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

weigh that against whether it does any good to throw heroin users in jail about it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Being in jail may give them a chance to beat an addiction.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:46 am Being in jail may give them a chance to beat an addiction.
That’s pretty much proven not to be the case.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

And, for the record, I do think heroin, crack, PCP and meth should be treated differently than cocaine, mushrooms, LSD and MDMA
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Just agree to disagree here.
Heroin is a deadly and addictive drug - shrooms are not.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I don’t think anyone is disputing that, but throwing people in jail doesn’t fix anything.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Coca Cola needs to bring back their original recipe.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:04 am
pdub wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:46 am Being in jail may give them a chance to beat an addiction.
That’s pretty much proven not to be the case.
Plus there are plenty of drugs in jail/prison.
Deleted User 289

I have a buddy who posted about this and his exact words were....
"What could go wrong"??

Some of our other friends have said similar things to what some of you have mentioned.

Such as,,,,,

"Plenty. But probably not more than went wrong with the war on drugs".

"Wanna turn $100 to $1000? Job opportunities available in Oregon selling crack".

"Worked in Portugal. Drug use down across the board".

"Good for them. People will get them if they want them. Except now they can seek help instead of feeling like criminals".
Deleted User 310

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:18 am Just agree to disagree here.

This will be great for all the non drug users in those communities 🙄
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:42 am

While I agree most non drug using people don't/won't wan't junkies roaming the streets, I'm not convinced there will be noticeably more people using drugs because of this.

I don't know enough about it but from what I do know, my main concern is a lot more people will try and
sell drugs and many of those people will be selling "synthetic" drugs and "bad" drugs. Meaning drugs that are not what they are supposed to be - so people who use them have no idea how they will affect them.
I have seen videos of people literally dying because it's not uncommon - at all.

Another MAJOR concern of mine is those who do "overdose" and those who want to "get clean", are the facilities equipped to handle an influx of them - if there is an influx? Supposedly they are. I'm not buying it. Also, how many opportunistic people that are not really qualified are going to try and profit off of treating those who seek and need treatment? There are a LOT of scummy people in the "re-hab" "game/business".
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:34 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:42 am

While I agree most non drug using people don't/won't wan't junkies roaming the streets, I'm not convinced there will be noticeably more people using drugs because of this.

I don't know enough about it but from what I do know, my main concern is a lot more people will try and
sell drugs and many of those people will be selling "synthetic" drugs and "bad" drugs. Meaning drugs that are not what they are supposed to be - so people who use them have no idea how they will affect them.
I have seen videos of people literally dying because it's not uncommon - at all.

Another MAJOR concern of mine is those who do "overdose" and those who want to "get clean", are the facilities equipped to handle an influx of them - if there is an influx? Supposedly they are. I'm not buying it. Also, how many opportunistic people that are not really qualified are going to try and profit off of treating those who seek and need treatment? There are a LOT of scummy people in the "re-hab" "game/business".
I don't think it will increase drug use significantly....but it will increase people not trying to hide it as much.

Do i think people should be arrested for doing heroin on their back deck? No....but the moment they get in a car or are fucked up in public endangering or harrassing people then i begin to lean the other way.

Ftr i do not consider weed to be anything like the rest of the drugs being decriminalized. I do like the idea of rehabs if they are legit rather than jail time. Although i do not think they will be all that impactful.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I do not worry one drop about portland legalizing heroine. Of course that dumpster legalized heroine. I cannot believe it took them this long.

I am going down to the bus station and buying all the junkies a one way to portland.