Public Art for the New KCI

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Public Art for the New KCI

Post by japhy »

Oh, hell yes! Nick Cave is coming back to town.

https://www.kcur.org/arts-life/2021-04- ... i-terminal
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
defixione
Contributor

Re: Public Art for the New KCI

Post by defixione »

👍😍🚀
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don’t understand why one of them isn’t an actual fountain.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I like the idea of a reflective light fountain. The maintenance should be less than a fountain of water.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:45 pm I like the idea of a reflective light fountain. The maintenance should be less than a fountain of water.
I understand, but some things you splurge on. Like a real fountain in what will be a lot of people’s introduction to the City of Goddamned Fountains.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

We are also a "cowtown", but I don't think any expression of that needs to be literal.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:37 pm
japhy wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:45 pm I like the idea of a reflective light fountain. The maintenance should be less than a fountain of water.
I understand, but some things you splurge on. Like a real fountain in what will be a lot of people’s introduction to the City of Goddamned Fountains.
Especially when you are already spending $1.6B. I think there is supposed to be a fountain outside the terminal, but yeah, one inside should be mandatory, especially were most people congregate in a terminal (the eating area).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:37 pm
Especially when you are already spending $1.6B. I think there is supposed to be a fountain outside the terminal, but yeah, one inside should be mandatory, especially were most people congregate in a terminal (the eating area).
Right. It’s a rounding error. Plus it pays for itself with those coins man. We all know this.