NBA Summer League 2024

Kansas Basketball.
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

NBA Summer League 2024

Post by LosCondorAzule »

Nets vs Pacers
Johnny Furphy vs Jalen Wilson
both started; Jalen looking like a experienced summer league vet. aggressive playing quick.
Fruphy timid and 1st guy subbed out by the pacers 😬
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Re: NBA Summer League 2024

Post by LosCondorAzule »

Definitely respect your opinion. Wilson is playing quick and I attribute that to his wanting to get out and run.
Jalen was blocked at the rim so his “hoops” look about the same as they ever were.

Jalen is also possibly wearing the “brightest” shoes on the court 😁

Fruphy came back in and hit a three..
maybe a little suggestion from the coaches to be more aggressive 🤷‍♂️
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Good new thread!

Apparently Och, Dick, Marcus Garrett, McCullar, and Bronny Braun are in summer league too
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Post by LosCondorAzule »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:52 pm Good new thread!

Apparently Och, Dick, Marcus Garrett, McCullar, and Bronny Braun are in summer league too
Thanks
Celtics/McCullar I think are in the same grouping of teams as the pacers. Hence a possible match of Fruphy vs McCullar 🤷‍♂️
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Post by LosCondorAzule »

Furphy’s 1st professional game so I get it. But he definitely looks like a boy against men out there tonight.
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Post by LosCondorAzule »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:52 pm Good new thread!

Sorry I meant to respond. I hadn’t watch the 1st grouping of team/games so not sure if I missed Och, Dick, Marcus or even Bronny Braun-great nickname btw..
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Braunny
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Man, how'd you like to be the Lakers GM who has to be sitting there in the stands saying "Bronny isn't an NBA caliber player and you can see it even in these Summer League game. Well, I guess you already gave him a 4 year guaranteed contract. Gotta keep him way down at the end of the bench. He is slow, doesn't guard well like people claimed he could and his shot looks bad. Lakers are going to be even more of a mess than normal this season I am afraid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

LosCondorAzule wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:30 pm Furphy’s 1st professional game so I get it. But he definitely looks like a boy against men out there tonight.
Sounds like he played alright tho
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:03 pm Man, how'd you like to be the Lakers GM who has to be sitting there in the stands saying "Bronny isn't an NBA caliber player and you can see it even in these Summer League game. Well, I guess you already gave him a 4 year guaranteed contract. Gotta keep him way down at the end of the bench. He is slow, doesn't guard well like people claimed he could and his shot looks bad. Lakers are going to be even more of a mess than normal this season I am afraid.
I don't think the GM is that worried about the last guy on the bench. He's more worried about his best player, the 2nd best player of all time, who is now the happiest he's ever been, and will now undoubtedly spend the rest of his career a Laker.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:03 pm Man, how'd you like to be the Lakers GM who has to be sitting there in the stands saying "Bronny isn't an NBA caliber player and you can see it even in these Summer League game. Well, I guess you already gave him a 4 year guaranteed contract. Gotta keep him way down at the end of the bench. He is slow, doesn't guard well like people claimed he could and his shot looks bad. Lakers are going to be even more of a mess than normal this season I am afraid.
Is it the GM who is saying, "Lakers are going to be even more of a mess than normal this season I am afraid" or is that you saying, "Lakers are going to be even more of a mess than normal this season I am afraid"?
I'm asking because I don't think the Lakers GM would be saying that to himself.

Or maybe he would/did?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM3vdeUnHpA

You're a much more knowledgeable basketball fan than I am.
How does Bronny James sitting at the end of the bench equate to the Lakers being even more of a mess than normal this season?
If you or I were at the end of the bench on the 2019-2020 team do you think we would have been a factor and they wouldn't have won the championship because of it?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Undoubtedly spend the rest of his career as a laker”

That would be pretty funny if Lebron went somewhere else anyway.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:09 pm
LosCondorAzule wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:30 pm Furphy’s 1st professional game so I get it. But he definitely looks like a boy against men out there tonight.
Sounds like he played alright tho
My worthless assessment. Looked like a 19 year old trying to get acclimated playing with guys he's never played with - but played pretty good - all said.
I felt he moved well on offense (without the ball). Spacing/positioning/knew where to be.
I know he has a pretty quick release but at times I feel he rushed his shot.
I'm not going to say I feel he defended "well" but I feel he was at least trying hard on defense most of the time and did ok if not better than ok.
Grabbed 4 boards. Something my guess is most people who aren't KU fans wouldn't think he could/would be of much value regarding - his aggressiveness on the boards. BIG difference banging with the big boys in the NBA than those he faced in college but if he can/will add some muscle, he just might be better than people would think/expect him to be in that regard.

I try and look for more than just shots taken and missed when assessing a player playing in his first games in summer league and the regular NBA season. Here is a good example of taking everything a player does into account when his assessing his performance.
Dariq Whitehead was a first rounder. 22nd pick in the draft. High School Player of the Year. McDonalds game MVP.
Last night - 28 min, 1-12 fg, 0-7 3pt. BUT he did have 6 rebounds, 3 steals, and 2 blocks.

P.S. JWil looked and played like he has played NBA ball. ;)
Parker don't call me Bronny Braun didn't get off the bench for the Nuggs.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:38 am
Still really cool that he is on a team.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:53 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:38 am
Still really cool that he is on a team.
Tyler Self, Chase Buford, Chris Teahan, Evan Manning, Michael Jankovich, Brady Morningstar, maybe even Doug Compton Jr., all probably agree with you. I'm sure I am forgetting others who could/should be included in my list.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah it’s cool that Braunny is on the nuggets summer league team.

But that dood could hardly even get off the bench for perhaps the worst Self KU team of all time, even tho we desperately needed the depth.

So it’s like what are we even doing here, if not giving Christian a Daddy Bronbron sort of sentimental moment.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

My guess/hope in regards to Braunny is that "what we are we even doing here" is filling rosters for summer league teams (that some of the people on here might be able to score a basket playing for) by adding guys who are friends and family members of those who play for and/or are affiliated with the summer league teams they are on the rosters of.
ZERO chance Parker Braun is on any NBA roster this upcoming season.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Browsing through the summer league rosters, there are players with less credibility than Parker Braun. The end of bench players are just there to fill out rosters.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

Nuggets' first-round pick tears Achilles in NBA Summer League debut
DaRon Holmes is expected to miss the 2024-25 season

damn ...
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ramjet wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:48 pm Nuggets' first-round pick tears Achilles in NBA Summer League debut
DaRon Holmes is expected to miss the 2024-25 season

damn ...
That is awful for him (and the nuggs)
The nuggets were really high on him and had locked in on him before the draft, and made a point of trading for him