Gutter's 5 questions for a Sunday in the park with George or not in the park with George

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter's 5 questions for a Sunday in the park with George or not in the park with George

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Have you ever served on jury duty AND did your jury reach a verdict?

2. Think of every single person in this country. Would you guess your overall health is in the top 47%, bottom 47%, or middle 48-52%?

3. You have one of the following choices. Which do you choose?
a. Loose (or gain) weight, and get to a specific desired weight in 3 days in a healthy manner, and stay at that weight permanently.
b. Instantly improve your eye sight to as near to perfect as possible and maintain that eye sight until one year before you die - not knowing what your eye sight may be your last year of living.
c. Instantly grow or shrink to whatever height you choose and stay at that height until you die.
d. Have a 30 minute back massage whenever you want for the rest of your life.
e. Have the ability to make the weather 77 degrees with mostly sunny skies, a moderate breeze, and low humidity for 3 consecutive days - 20 times of your choosing.
f. Be given $165 to spend/use however you choose within a week of receiving it.
g. Be whatever age you choose for 1 week.

4. You are given $1000 to spend at one of the following stores (or on-line) and you must spend it all at one time and can't sell or give away what you purchase. Also, you can NOT buy KU merchandise. Which do you choose?
a. Nike
b. Adidas
c. Under Armour
d. Lululemon
e. Columbia
f. Gymshark
g. alo

5. Who is your favorite and who is your least favorite of the following people?
a. Donald Trump Jr.
b. Danny Trejo
c. Derek Trucks
d. Joe Biden
e. Jack Black
f. Justin Beiber
g. Tim Scott
h. Tom Selleck
i. Taylor Swift
j. Bill Gates
k. Bryant Gumbel
l. Billy Gibbons
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Gutter's 5 questions for a Sunday in the park with George or not in the park with George

Post by pdub »

1. I was questioned but dismissed
2. Top 47
3. In the past I might have said c but now I’m going with b. e was also considered. If e was 40 and not 20 I’d have picked that.

*actually, now that I think about it, I’m doing e and making a business of it. If a hurricane is traveling to a major area and is going to cause significant damage I promise the governor that it won’t hit and if doesn’t I get 500k.

4. Columbia. New winter gear. New running shoes.
5. E. A. Sports. It’s in the game.
Back2Lawrence

Re: Gutter's 5 questions for a Sunday in the park with George or not in the park with George

Post by Back2Lawrence »

1. No
2. Bottom most likely. How many 51 year olds have had pancreatitis and a heart attack? Tick tock motherfuckers!
3. A. I’ve always struggled with this. It’s part of my bad genetics, although, admittedly, my propensity to eat like shit aids this problem equally, especially when I don’t find the time to properly exercise.
4. Lululemon. Your thoughts sound judgy AF.
5. No real opinion. But yes, eff the T’s in the A.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. yes and yes
2. top 47
3. b
4. probably Columbia but maybe Nike
5. k? a
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

1. No. Just got a notice I am "on call". Could be a bad situation. Often there are some serious criminal trials at the courthouse I may be "summonsed" to.

2. Probably bottom 47%.

3. If it guaranteed I would be healthier - a. Lose the weight. If it had no bearing on my health - then e. Adjust the weather.

4. Probably a. Nike

5. Favorite? I guess I will go with e. Jack Black. Seems to be a pretty good guy.
Least Favorite? Jr. BY A LOT
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

1. Have you ever served on jury duty AND did your jury reach a verdict?

No. Would like to keep it that way.

2. Think of every single person in this country. Would you guess your overall health is in the top 47%, bottom 47%, or middle 48-52%?

Top 47%

3. You have one of the following choices. Which do you choose?

a. Loose (or gain) weight, and get to a specific desired weight in 3 days in a healthy manner, and stay at that weight permanently.

4. You are given $1000 to spend at one of the following stores (or on-line) and you must spend it all at one time and can't sell or give away what you purchase. Also, you can NOT buy KU merchandise. Which do you choose?

b. Adidas

5. Who is your favorite and who is your least favorite of the following people?

Favorite: Tom Selleck - seems down to earth yet conservative.

Least Favorite: Bill Gates - sociopath WEF member.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gutter, I often don't open your "Questions" posts, but I opened this one a little bit ago and am I glad I did!

~ 6 weeks ago I got a jury summons and was to call today after 5pm to see whether or not I had to show. I put the summons where I'd be sure to see it but it got covered up and so it had completely slipped my mind. I just called and unlike the last two times, I have to show up!

I'm not glad about that, but I'm glad I didn't fail to find out before it was too late.

Thanks?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:46 pm Gutter, I often don't open your "Questions" posts, but I opened this one a little bit ago and am I glad I did!

~ 6 weeks ago I got a jury summons and was to call today after 5pm to see whether or not I had to show. I put the summons where I'd be sure to see it but it got covered up and so it had completely slipped my mind. I just called and unlike the last two times, I have to show up!

I'm not glad about that, but I'm glad I didn't fail to find out before it was too late.

Thanks?
You're welcome?

I got a summons on Thursday or Friday. That's what made me ask the question. If I have to serve I have to go to 26th and California - which is a courthouse no one wants to serve on a jury at.
Some very bad dudes on trial and some very unsavory characters hanging out nearby due to the prison being there.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I don’t answer a lot of these, but:
Question 5- C, Derek Trucks.

I love music, I have a LOT of friends that are paid musicians.

The guitar players that most impress me:

Junior Brown

Gary Clark Jr

Dan Auerbach

Derek Trucks

Prince
John Mayer
Eddie V
SRV
Hendrix
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

1. No
2. Top 47%
3. Back massage
4. Lululemon to give my wife. I've got plenty of clothes already.
5. Taylor Swift favorite. Trump least favorite (edit: didn’t see the JR, but I'll stick with it I guess).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:14 pm 1. No
2. Top 47%
3. Back massage
4. Lululemon to give my wife. I've got plenty of clothes already.
5. Taylor Swift favorite. Trump least favorite (edit: didn’t see the JR, but I'll stick with it I guess).
I fucked (jinxed) myself with #3.
Strained (I hope that's all it is) a muscle in my back. If I were to answer the question today, I would go with the back massages.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I hope when I show up for jury duty this morning they don't arrest me due to some warrant I'm not aware of.

dammit
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:50 am I hope when I show up for jury duty this morning they don't arrest me due to some warrant I'm not aware of.

dammit
Damn! Sorry you have jury duty and I hope you don't get arrested.
If you don't want to serve on a jury I have a suggestion.
Show up wearing a homemade t shirt that says "I hate black people" on the front and "Mother Teresa killed Kennedy" on the back, and speak in tongues.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:50 am I hope when I show up for jury duty this morning they don't arrest me due to some warrant I'm not aware of.

dammit
🤣🤣🤣
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:57 am

dammit
Damn! Sorry you have jury duty and I hope you don't get arrested.
If you don't want to serve on a jury I have a suggestion.
Show up wearing a homemade t shirt that says "I hate black people" on the front and "Mother Teresa killed Kennedy" on the back, and speak in tongues.
Now you tell me!

I didn't go that far, but when filling out my form, in answer to Newspapers or Magazines I read, I put Mother Jones, and The Guardian, i.e., left-wing publications.
Anand Giridharadas