Gutter's 5 fairly quick questions for a I don't want to go to work I just want to bang my drum Monday

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter's 5 fairly quick questions for a I don't want to go to work I just want to bang my drum Monday

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Do you currently possess either a pair of drumsticks or a guitar (or both) in your home?

2. You have to wear a "baseball type" of hat for the next 24 hours (except when you are sleeping) that has a college NAME (not "logo") on the front and the colors I mention. You must choose between the following. Which do you chose?
a. UCLA (blue hat with yellow UCLA)
b. Harvard (crimson hat with white Harvard)
c. Louisville (red hat with black Louisville)
d. Missouri (black hat with yellow Missouri)
e. Georgetown (gray hat with blue Georgetown)
f. Georgia (white hat with red Georgia)
g. Illinois (blue hat with orange Illinois)
h. Trump University (pink hat with brown Trump University)
i. Chattahoochee Valley Community College (the entire school name on the hat - yellow hat with blue Chattahoochee Valley Community College)

3. You have an hour to kill. You have to choose one of the following things to do for the ENTIRE hour.
What do you choose?
a. Read chapters in a book about the history of the New York Knicks
b. Meditate with your eyes closed the entire time - but can't fall asleep.
c. Play solitaire on your phone
d. Draw on paper with colored markers.
e. Watch The View on TV (with commercials)
f. Re-arrange your clothing in your clothing closet and drawers.
g. Listen to Brahms piano concerto number 2 on headphones/ear buds while laying on your bed

4. You are on the 40th floor and you get on an elevator going down. Someone gets on the elevator on the 35th floor. The doors close and they quickly realize they forgot something so they start pressing floor buttons (plural) to stop the elevator so they can get out and go back up. They press 8 floor buttons.
Do you say anything to them?

5. On a scale of 1 to 100 (1 being as shitty of a day as possible and 100 being as great of a day as possible) what do you think the rest of your day until you fall asleep for the evening will be - as a whole?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Re: Gutter's 5 fairly quick questions for a I don't want to go to work I just want to bang my drum Monday

Post by DeletedUser »

1. Drumsticks. Not for me, but my son/daughter have a bad ass full mini drum set that my golfing buddy who is a drummer bought for his kids when they were young and then passed down to mine.

2. Illinois, I guess.

3. Watch The View.

4. Depends on who it is.... Yes if a man, No if a woman, No if a kid of either gender. Something like "hey, what the fuck are you doing?". But I would not say that to a female or kids. Call me old fashioned?

5. 90ish. My son has football camp this morning, which will be fun to watch...and then his first flag football practice tonight, which will also be fun to watch. It won't be quite as fun for him (my son) because that's a lot of football for one day, but the flag football coach didn't think through that half the kids also have football camp for the school today because his son isn't doing the camp.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Gutter's 5 fairly quick questions for a I don't want to go to work I just want to bang my drum Monday

1. Yes. Both.
2. i.
3. The most boring one. c.
4. Not "to" them but I and 51/49 that I would say something out loud such as - what the fuck.
5. 38
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. no
2. Chattahoochee....with a shirt that says "never knew how much that muddy water meant to me"
3. f. I actually need to do that.... move some to the rag pile, shift some work shirts to yard cutoffs or oil change etc shirts, some good shirts to work shirts, and retire some pearl snaps from the closet circuit into the yard/home/work general purpose category.

4. probably not....because I wouldn't be on the elevator.....fuck those claustrophic little boxes of hell.

5. 60ish it's paint day at one job, demo and temp structure day st another then roof time at home. it's supposed to be 103 today and I only slept about 4 hours because the daughter gotns new puppy that somehow has fallen into my bucket to tasks for nighttime potty and attention trips. But, im alive, family is alive and healthy. Coffee time now is nice tho, then time to go get it, nothing to it but to do it.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) No
2) B Harvard
3) G Brahms although I'm probably falling asleep at some point
4) No, but I give them the ole side-eye
5) 50/50 I have a meeting this afternoon that could determine this.
Trust me bro
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I must be desperate, I'm answering Gutter's questions?

1. Guitar
2. Harvard
3. View
4. Depends on whether I can take them, or not.
5. 37 (Have I mentioned I'm on jury duty sitting in a room...)
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. No. Wouldn't mind a guitar though.
2. Georgetown?
3. f - I need to clean the closet
4. "Really?"*
5. 77

*kind of related to this, I dislike bad drivers and have found instead of flicking people off, I either give them a thumbs up or a tsk tsk finger wag. Lately the finger wag has been my staple.

Saturday I got two finger wags in within ten minutes of driving.

Going to the grocery store, at stop light, turns green, lady across from me has straight green ( no turn light ) and speeds out and makes a left turn in front of me ( i'm going straight and have the right of way ). Window down - finger wag her. She flips me off. That's a win for me.

Coming back from grocery store, on a single lane with solid yellow lines road ( no passing ), going 37-38 in a 35, see big truck approaching REAL fast in mirror and see it move over to try and pass me. Nuh uh. I move my car over across the yellow line so he can't. He tries the other way. No. Finger wag. I make my eventual turn and he just steps on the gas and stares at me in his wrap around shades.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:04 am
Coming back from grocery store, on a single lane with solid yellow lines road ( no passing ), going 37-38 in a 35, see big truck approaching REAL fast in mirror and see it move over to try and pass me. Nuh uh. I move my car over across the yellow line so he can't. He tries the other way. No. Finger wag. I make my eventual turn and he just steps on the gas and stares at me in his wrap around shades.
When Trump gets back in office, that truck driver will be free to murder you for your indiscretion.
Bet you will keep that finger to yourself.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Overlander wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:17 pm
When Trump gets back in office, that truck driver will be free to murder you for your indiscretion.
Nah.
I'll just have to carry heat like every other person in this crazy ass country.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:20 pm
Nah.
I'll just have to carry heat like every other person in this crazy ass country.
AR's Akimbo!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. no, but I have other musical instruments
2. probably Illinois
3. I am listening to Brahms piano concerto number 2 now, but I should probably be organizing the clothes in my closet.
4. Most likely not as they are clearly having a bad day. If they are a kid, I would tell them they could accomplish would they wanted by only hitting one button. However, if they had apologized first, I would have made nice conversation and forgiven them.
5. I am expecting a 92. I will be spending a couple of hours in the car with my kid and I am looking forward to the conversation. She just turned 21. We have been having great adult conversations lately.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:23 am 1. Drumsticks. Not for me, but my son/daughter have a bad ass full mini drum set that my golfing buddy who is a drummer bought for his kids when they were young and then passed down to mine.

2. Illinois, I guess.

3. Watch The View.

4. Depends on who it is.... Yes if a man, No if a woman, No if a kid of either gender. Something like "hey, what the fuck are you doing?". But I would not say that to a female or kids. Call me old fashioned?

5. 90ish. My son has football camp this morning, which will be fun to watch...and then his first flag football practice tonight, which will also be fun to watch. It won't be quite as fun for him (my son) because that's a lot of football for one day, but the flag football coach didn't think through that half the kids also have football camp for the school today because his son isn't doing the camp.
Your response to #2 sucks.
Your response to #5 is great.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:40 am 1. no
2. Chattahoochee....with a shirt that says "never knew how much that muddy water meant to me"
3. f. I actually need to do that.... move some to the rag pile, shift some work shirts to yard cutoffs or oil change etc shirts, some good shirts to work shirts, and retire some pearl snaps from the closet circuit into the yard/home/work general purpose category.

4. probably not....because I wouldn't be on the elevator.....fuck those claustrophic little boxes of hell.

5. 60ish it's paint day at one job, demo and temp structure day st another then roof time at home. it's supposed to be 103 today and I only slept about 4 hours because the daughter gotns new puppy that somehow has fallen into my bucket to tasks for nighttime potty and attention trips. But, im alive, family is alive and healthy. Coffee time now is nice tho, then time to go get it, nothing to it but to do it.
Your response to #2 is great.
I hope I helped motivate your response to #3.
Your response to #5 gets a mixed reaction from me. Some good, some bad, some indifferent.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:34 am 1) No
2) B Harvard
If I had a free hour today I would have done your response to #3. Instead I sat in Water Tower Park for about 20 minutes trying to relax and the music I hear was some woman chanting 20 or 30 second Jesus hymns over and over and over again.

#5 I hope your meeting goes/went well!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:53 am I must be desperate, I'm answering Gutter's questions?

1. Guitar
2. Harvard
3. View
4. Depends on whether I can take them, or not.
5. 37 (Have I mentioned I'm on jury duty sitting in a room...)
#5 I read on another post that you were excused. Good for you! I think. Maybe you would have been assigned to an interesting trial? Probably not. Glad they didn't arrest you when you got there!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:40 pm
2) B Harvard
If I had a free hour today I would have done your response to #3. Instead I sat in Water Tower Park for about 20 minutes trying to relax and the music I hear was some woman chanting 20 or 30 second Jesus hymns over and over and over again.

Thanks
It did
Trust me bro
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:04 am 1. No. Wouldn't mind a guitar though.
2. Georgetown?
3. f - I need to clean the closet
4. "Really?"*
5. 77

*kind of related to this, I dislike bad drivers and have found instead of flicking people off, I either give them a thumbs up or a tsk tsk finger wag. Lately the finger wag has been my staple.

Saturday I got two finger wags in within ten minutes of driving.

Going to the grocery store, at stop light, turns green, lady across from me has straight green ( no turn light ) and speeds out and makes a left turn in front of me ( i'm going straight and have the right of way ). Window down - finger wag her. She flips me off. That's a win for me.

#4 Mutumbo should have "copy wrote" the finger wag.
I often have an issue walking to work when people turn left on a green light despite the signs saying turn left on green ARRROW ONLY. I often almost get hit because of it. Today I gave a a fake - as if I was going to throw something at their windshield. Not smart. People get shot in this city for a lot less.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:43 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:40 pm
2) B Harvard

Thanks
It did
Good! I hope your new response is higher than a 50/50.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Great point!
Maybe when Trump gets back in office that truck driver will be his Secretary of the Interior or his Director of National Intelligence? He will then appoint stoney Ben Carson to be his Secretary of Agriculture.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DrPepper wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:29 pm 1. no, but I have other musical instruments
2. probably Illinois
3. I am listening to Brahms piano concerto number 2 now, but I should probably be organizing the clothes in my closet.
4. Most likely not as they are clearly having a bad day. If they are a kid, I would tell them they could accomplish would they wanted by only hitting one button. However, if they had apologized first, I would have made nice conversation and forgiven them.
5. I am expecting a 92. I will be spending a couple of hours in the car with my kid and I am looking forward to the conversation. She just turned 21. We have been having great adult conversations lately.
#2 - See my response to Illy.
#3 - Come on!?!? Seriously? You were listening to Brahms piano concerto number 2 when you answered the question? That's kind of Twilight Zone-ish to me.
#5 - Beautiful! I mean it. That was the first thing I thought to myself when I read your answer.
My biggest regret in life - not having a child to love.