Gutter's 5 quick questions for Toni Kukoč/Michael Jordan Day

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter's 5 quick questions for Toni Kukoč/Michael Jordan Day

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Other than a basketball player, name someone who is/was one of your favorite Olympic athletes not named Bruce Jenner (or Caitlyn Jenner).

2. Assuming you use deodorant/anti perspirant, what brand do you uses and do you use a stick/solid, roll on/gel/liquid, or spray?

3. Name one of your favorite bands/musicians that you are confident 95% of other people would not say is their favorite band/musician.

4. Yesterday my day at work SUCKED. On a scale of 1-100 (1 being the worst day at work ever and 100 being the best day at work ever) it was a 9. Name one thing that happened to you in the past 10 work days that went wrong or wasn't good.

5. What is your favorite donut? If you don't like donuts, what is your favorite bread? If you don't like donuts or bread, what is your favorite color?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Re: Gutter's 5 quick questions for Toni Kukoč/Michael Jordan Day

Post by ousdahl »

1. Michael Phelps…well, Michael Phelps’s bong
2. Gel
3. Medeski Martin and Wood
4. I dunno
5. Chocolate glazed or chocolate peanut glazed or something like that. But I like bread far more, pretty much anything fresh
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. I don’t watch much Olympics. Phelps maybe. I have some memories of watching Michael Johnson.
2. Old Spice solid
3. Explosions In The Sky
4. One of my clients I was working on a project fee for and had gone silent on their project for over a year now finally wants to finish
5. Apple Cider
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Cassius Clay
2) Unscented spray
3) Susan Tedeschi
4) I missed a continuing ed class and had to scramble to finish it
5) I don't really eat sweets so I'll talk bread. I used to work at the Cornucopia in LFK. they had their own bakery and made several kinds of bread. My favorite was the herb onion. Just great stuff, I try to reproduce it but without much luck.
Trust me bro
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

1. Jamaican Bobsled Team
2. Degree Spray of some sort
3. Stick Figure
4. I had to
5. Wheatfields of many varieties
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. Carl Lewis and Usain Bolt
2. old spice solid, gel is sticky and nasty
3. Zapp and Roger
4. my guys didn't prep the wood trim before they painted like I told them to. It peeled off woth painters tape because they're idiots. now I have to prep and repaint all the trim in a house that otherwise would be done. Which means, now instead of getting paid today....I have to waste more money on hours to fix it and payment delayed until complete. Why don't people listen? it's almost like I half know what I'm doing some of the time.
5. simple maple bar
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

1) going back to the first olympian i remember, i’ll go with Mary Lou Retton (shout out to 1984)

2) Old Spice original stick

3) Citizen Cope

4) one of our pups tweaked her hip while camping (pretty nice when that’s the worst that’s happened in the last 10 days)

5) donut - boston cream or glazed chocolate cake, depending on the mood; bread - my own “artisan” roasted hatch green chili bread; color - green
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. Carl Lewis (in my lifetime); Tommie Smith and John Carlos. Otherwise, Jesse Owens.

2. Old Spice stick - lavender or sandalwood

3. Warren Zeevon

4. Nothing

5. Maple glazed cruller
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

1. Usain Bolt.

2. Old spice.

3. Whitney Houston.

4. Nothing negative comes to mind.

5. Apple fritter.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

1. Bob Mathias
2. Old Spice Stick Original Classic
3. Graham Parker
4. I've had to take the last 3 days off my bike after neglecting to pre-apply udder butter before the last ride, and I'm paying for it. (Something I never had to think about when riding in KC and all over the west.)
5. Glazed

If I haven't learned anything else from this thread, at least I now know it would never work between me and Zen, considering my aversion to floral fragrances.

I'm stunned that so many of you use Old Spice. When I see it on the shelves at the store with all the other more exotically characterized names and brands, it makes me feel old to buy something that hasn't changed for 60-70 years or more? There's no doubt in my mind that I've used Old Spice all my life because my father did, but especially because it still reminds me of him.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

man, how about that Old Spice?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Old spice is virtually unrecognizable from when I knew my dad to use it.

Who can forget those unforgettably shaped bottles?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

off-white, metal cap
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:33 pm off-white, metal cap

https://a.co/d/3W0324k
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:01 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:33 pm off-white, metal cap

https://a.co/d/3W0324k
man

memories…
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. too many to name
2. Lume, solid
3. Sara Bareilles
4. I saw the end of the rainbow and discovered there is no gold there
5. glazed twist. So light and airy. But really, anything from Paula's Donuts https://paulasdonuts.com/
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

1. Olympics junkie here so lots come to mind. Michael Phelps first and foremost.
2. Dove aluminum free or Every Man Jack. Had to go away from those with aluminum as it was burning my skin.
3. Lynyrd Skynyrd, love me some classic southern rock when I need to get some work done.
4. My ADHD/Depression/Anxiety combo has been pretty spun up lately. Trying to talk myself out of leaving my wife. Don't want to follow it up with any details, please, so let's just leave that there.
5. Maple bar then any number of others. I don't say no to many flavors of donuts.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

who doesn't love lynyrd skynyrd?
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:38 pm 1. Olympics junkie here so lots come to mind. Michael Phelps first and foremost.
2. Dove aluminum free or Every Man Jack. Had to go away from those with aluminum as it was burning my skin.
3. Lynyrd Skynyrd, love me some classic southern rock when I need to get some work done.
4. My ADHD/Depression/Anxiety combo has been pretty spun up lately. Trying to talk myself out of leaving my wife. Don't want to follow it up with any details, please, so let's just leave that there.
5. Maple bar then any number of others. I don't say no to many flavors of donuts.
#4 Damn! Sorry about that. Unless you feel leaving her is the best for you.
My mental stuff has been all over the place lately. To the point where I am losing my shit at work and a lot of people have been witnessing it. I am very tempted to take next week off from work as "sick" (mental health) days.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Just realized I never answered my questions yesterday. I only responded to twocoach's (coincidently he answered on ToniKucoc day) but I did read everyone else's responses and there were some good ones!

1. Usain Bolt is a great answer. Michael Phelps is a great answer. The other answers were great answers.
My sister has a good friend who was in the Summer Olympics (Kayaking) and my buddy's son was in the Winter Olympics (free style skiing) but I am going to go with Herb Brooks.

2, Spray and I switch off between Right Guard Sport "Powder Dry" scent and Dove Men "Cool" scent.

3. My guess is any band/musician I named wouldn't be 95% of other people's favorite band/musican so it was kind of trick question. I don't have "favorites" but for the sake of naming someone right now I will go with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

4. Pretty much everything. To name one thing, a legal and compliance issue that still isn't resolved.

5. As I said in #3, I don't have favorites. Right now, give me a vanilla frosted Dunkin Donuts donut to go with my cup of coffee and I'll be good.