Gutter's 4 very quick and 1 not quick questions for a here we go again just another day in paradise day.

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter's 4 very quick and 1 not quick questions for a here we go again just another day in paradise day.

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Assuming you work, how long have you been at your current job?

2. Do you have or have you ever had a pierced ear ?

3. Do you own a pair of binoculars and if so, approximately (or exactly) when was the last time you used them/it?

4. You must eliminate one day of the week and all other days will now become 28 hour days. Which day of the week do you eliminate?

5. You must do a reboot of your life at age 22 but live it in 2025. You must chose one of the following options and consider ALL the things in the option. Money is not a concern. Which do you chose?
a. Live in Gary Indiana in a $1500 a month one bedroom apartment, travel to Angola, Nambia, and Botswana for one month, only eat pizza for 5 consecutive days 4 times during the year, and work as a host/hostess 4 nights a week at your favorite restaurant for your job.
b. Live in California (wherever you want) in a $5000 a month one bedroom apartment, only eat fruit for 7 consecutive days 5 times during the year, and work as a pool boy/girl at a mid level hotel 4 days a week.
c. Live in Kansas City in a $2225 a month one bedroom apartment, not eat any food and only drink water, orange juice, or milk for 5 consecutive days during one week 3 times during the year, and be an intern assisting the person in charge of P.R. for the Kansas City Chiefs working 6 days a week.
d. Live in Chicago in a $3000 a month one bedroom apartment, eat whatever the fuck you want but can only eat between the hours of 10:00am and 6:00pm for 6 consecutive months of the 12 months, and work with Gutter at the "investment" company where he works.
e. Live in Saint Petersburg Russia in what would be the equivalent of a typical $1500 a month studio apartment in Kansas City, only eat caviar or borscht 2 days a week every week but you can eat whatever you want the 5 other days, and work for the Deputy Prime Minister as a travel coordinator.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Re: Gutter's 4 very quick and 1 not quick questions for a here we go again just another day in paradise day.

Post by DeletedUser »

1. I have worked for the same people for 12 or 13 years...but I switched from one company they own to a new company they bought about 2.5 years ago.

2. No

3. No, unless you count a golf rangefinder. I last used that on Sunday and will use again today.

4. Any day other than Wednesday is fine with me.

5. Kansas City
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Gutter's 4 very quick and 1 not quick questions for a here we go again just another day in paradise day.

Post by pdub »

1. 2.5 years freelance business
2. No
3. No
4. Monday?
5. Do I know my family? How long do I have to do this? Do I continue aging after 22? If money isn't an issue, meaning I make the average for a person that lives in the state, and I'm 22, I'd probably do b ( average salary 60k ) - I like fruit and could do that - and I'd live Northern California, certainly North of San Fran, maybe on the North edge of Napa valley - I could get a great apartment for 5k a month and only have to work 4 days a week.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. I think 2.5 years on my own now.

2. I got them pierced when I was 19. it lasted 2 hrs, definitely not my look....they were closed back up within a day. Never again.

3. yes, yesterday, watching a couple big bucks up on the hill. still in velvet.

4. If we eliminate Sunday do we get rid of religion?

5. I'm not living any
of those places.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:56 am
5. I'm not living any
of those places.
Northern Cali is nice.
I'm talking at least 70 miles North of San Fran and up the coast or a bit inland in the redwoods.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) I've been in my position for 14 years. But also have worked for four different companies.
2) Nope, only the holes I was born with.
3) No
4) Monday
5) D
Trust me bro
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:20 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:56 am
5. I'm not living any
of those places.
Northern Cali is nice.
I'm talking at least 70 miles North of San Fran and up the coast or a bit inland in the redwoods.
yea, there is some nice country up that way.
Just Ledoux it
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. 3 years in current role. 20 years with this organization
2. yes. I got my ears pierced in junior high. I got one ear double pierced, but I don't think that hole still exists.
3. I own a few pair of binoculars for different purposes. None have been used in the last 6 months. All have been used in the last 2 years.
4. A weekday. It doesn't matter which one.
5. None of the apartments or food offerings swayed things one way or the other. I was motivated by exposure for a 22 year old me to learn. I am going to Russia to work in the upper government, but probably in Moscow rather than St. Petersburg.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I will read everyone else's responses tonight when I get home. I'm on a lunch break now so will answer quickly.

1. 19 years
2. Not currently, left ear - college - about 3-4 months
3. yes. last night. Sail boat off in the distance on Lake Michigan. Watching hoping to not see the people on the boat die and hoping coast guard or the Chicago Police or Fire Department would assist them.
4. Does it really matter? If so, why? If I have to pick one I'll go with Wednesday.
5. How do YOU not pick d? I pick b.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

1) 19 years at the company this November, the last 7 in my current role

2. Used to, took it out decades ago.

3. Yes. Been a few years but I used to use them out in CO a lot when we had a condo out there.

4. Monday

5. I need to lay down after trying unsuccessfully to read all that. I don't have enough dopamine available to fully process all the nuance you added so I will just go with that I'd rather live in KC than those other places.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

1. __
2. No.*
3. Yes, multiple pairs**. The nesting pair of bald eagles at the end of the block have migrated away for the summer, so probably 3-4 weeks ago.
4. Any weekday, probably Wednesday, so I don't have to be so jealous of Illy.
5. No. KC?

*But I've often wished having an earring as a male wasn't such a thing. (But that being said, every time I see a male with one it catches my eye and almost 100% of the time it does not leave a + impression. Hypocrite much?)

**I used to be an aspiring birder and after years at it, as an anniversary present to each other my wife and I bought a pair of Swarovski binoculars. They were worth it. Then, I discovered mountain biking and I've never been birding again, because if the weather is good for birding, it's most likely favorable for mt biking. That was > 30 years ago.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

1 - 8ish months

2 - nope

3 - yes, two pairs…used just this past weekend

4 - Wednesday (because its spelling doesn’t match its pronunciation)

5 - the mind of gutter…where do you come up with this stuff? i’m tempted to say (c), but am going with (a) for all the travel
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why do some people, myself included (obviously) refer to binoculars as a pair?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:11 pm why do some people, myself included (obviously) refer to binoculars as a pair?
Haven't read the other responses yet but just read your question.
DUDE! That's exactly what I was going to put in my question but I said, "4 very quick questions"

Why is it a pair of pants or shorts when we are talking about a single item. Why isn't it a pair of sweaters or a pair of shirts?
Why is it a "pair" of sun glasses? A "pair" of scissors?
Basically sounds like double plurals.

P.S. Why is fish both singular and plural?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:24 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:11 pm why do some people, myself included (obviously) refer to binoculars as a pair?
Haven't read the other responses yet but just read your question.
DUDE! That's exactly what I was going to put in my question but I said, "4 very quick questions"

Why is it a pair of pants or shorts when we are talking about a single item. Why isn't it a pair of sweaters or a pair of shirts?
Why is it a "pair" of sun glasses? A "pair" of scissors?
Basically sounds like double plurals.

P.S. Why is fish both singular and plural?
to add to the confusion, it’s appropriate to use fishes when referring to multiple species
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

does anyone not?
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:45 am 1. I have worked for the same people for 12 or 13 years...but I switched from one company they own to a new company they bought about 2.5 years ago.

2. No

3. No, unless you count a golf rangefinder. I last used that on Sunday and will use again today.

4. Any day other than Wednesday is fine with me.

5. Kansas City
#4 - What if you could play golf on Tuesday or Wednesday?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If the total hours in the week remains the same then it really matters not
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:03 pm
does anyone not?
dunno…struck me as odd after i typed it, then realized it’s something i’ve always done
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:25 am 1. 2.5 years freelance business
2. No
3. No
4. Monday?
5. Do I know my family? How long do I have to do this? Do I continue aging after 22? If money isn't an issue, meaning I make the average for a person that lives in the state, and I'm 22, I'd probably do b ( average salary 60k ) - I like fruit and could do that - and I'd live Northern California, certainly North of San Fran, maybe on the North edge of Napa valley - I could get a great apartment for 5k a month and only have to work 4 days a week.
#5 Do I know my family?
* You know who you knew when you were 22.
How long do I have to do this?
* One year.
Do I continue aging after 22?
* You go back to whatever age you would be on January 1st 2026.
If money isn't an issue, meaning I make the average for a person that lives in the state..
* I didn't make that clear so it definitely brings a lot more in to the equation. I say that's a good way to consider it - that you make the average salary of a person working in the State I mentioned. Now that being said, a quick Google search says the average salary in California is $73,220.