The return of Gutter's 5 Quick Questions - For National Waffle and Peach Pie Day 8/24/24

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

The return of Gutter's 5 Quick Questions - For National Waffle and Peach Pie Day 8/24/24

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. If you had to eat either a medium sized waffle or a small slice of peach pie every day for the next 30 days, which would you choose?

2. Have you ever been to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard?

3. Are you currently close friends with, to the point you see and hang out with, someone who you have "hooked up" with, other than your significant other?

4. Until I started this thread I didn't think about how it is Kobe day. (8/24 - as in his two numbers 8 and 24). Is Kobe in your top 8 all time NBA Players? If not, is he in your top 24?

5. I have asked similar questions recently but it's one I like to read answers to.
You can choose any city in the continental USA to visit on vacation for 8 days and 7 nights from December 27th 2024 to January 3rd 2025. You can't go beyond a 35 mile radius of the city during those 8 days. What city do you choose?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: The return of Gutter's 5 Quick Questions - For National Waffle and Peach Pie Day 8/24/24

Post by KUTradition »

1 - peach

2 - no

3 - no

4 - close, he’s in that 6-10 range for me

5 - Charleston, SC
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: The return of Gutter's 5 Quick Questions - For National Waffle and Peach Pie Day 8/24/24

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Tough choice. I'm picky about peach pie so I'll go with waffles.
2. Yes
3. I do not see or hang out with but I am close friends with. I therefore have to answer no.
4. Without giving it any thought I'll put him at 8. He very well may be higher for me.
5. Those dates I plan to go to Los Angles but if I could extend the radius out to 100 miles I would probably choose a city such as Laguna Beach or Dana Point.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. Peach
2. No
3. No (not close, but exchange email may be a couple of times a year with one)
4. Top 8
5. San Jose, CA (staycation)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. peach pie, if for no other reason than it's small, and likely less of a sugar commitment than a medium size waffle.

2. no but my brother is coincidentally there (MV) right meow

3. god damnit gutter I thought you broke up with her!

(But, to answer your question, yes...I'm still friends with several of my exes. I try to approach dating as, hey we are/were a part of each other's lives at some point, and even if things don't "work out" I'd rather end it amicably than with a bridge burned. I know it inevitably doesn't always happen that way, but it can, especially if that's one's dating intentions, and even more especially if you and/or the partner/s you are dating are not cray. Besides, it's pretty red flaggy if every single one of someone's exes is a bridge burned.)

4. not necessarily top 8, but possibly; and almost certainly top 24. I also meant to post last Friday as happy national-multiples-of-eight-date day, 8/16/24

5. My initial thought was Forks, WA, cuz I think many of those good steelhead rivers are within 35 miles. But, I don't think those runs of wild fish show up in the rivers til late January or Feb, so I'd wanna double check what fish are running then, it might just be stockers...especially cuz fishing is pretty much the only thing to do around Forks, unless you wanna count also hunting for cryptids (vampires, werewolves, Sasquatch etc), and/or just shotgunning Raniers in the Forks Motel.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

1. Peach pie.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Probably not top 8. Definitely in top 25.

5. Somewhere warm enough to golf.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. peach
2. nope, pretty sure I don't own the correct attire and I no interest in snobbing it up with pretentious fucks and their boat shoe boys.
3. no
4. I think he's probably top 12 somewhere from 6 to 12
5. If I'm alone probably something like Cody Wyoming. If I'm with the family probably something like....gosh I don't know. maybe somewhere warmer. They'd say something like Carpenteria California...id probably give in and go but wouldn't be my choice.
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

1. Waffle
2. No
3. Yes
4. He’s a rapist.
5. I can’t answer that. Can I buy a ticket to each of the 4 CFP quarterfinal sites and go to where KU plays?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

1. waffle
2. no
3. no
4. no. yes
5. lake placid, ny
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) waffle
2) no
3) no
4) no to top 8. Yes to top 24
5) NOLA
Broham
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

1. peach pie
2. no
3. no
4. yes
5. San Francisco
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:44 pm 1) waffle
2) no
3) no
4) no to top 8. Yes to top 24
5) NOLA
NOLA is a pretty solid choice
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:35 am 1. If you had to eat either a medium sized waffle or a small slice of peach pie every day for the next 30 days, which would you choose?
Peach pie all day.

2. Have you ever been to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard?
No.

3. Are you currently close friends with, to the point you see and hang out with, someone who you have "hooked up" with, other than your significant other?
I have had sex with two women in my lifetime. I was married to one for 16 years and wouldn't even speak to her now unless I had to, much less hook up with her. The other I'm currently married to, and I'm not in the market for any others.

4. Until I started this thread I didn't think about how it is Kobe day. (8/24 - as in his two numbers 8 and 24). Is Kobe in your top 8 all time NBA Players? If not, is he in your top 24?
Kobe is a rapist and beneath contempt. He would be on none of my lists, other than the list of people who should have died in prison.

5. I have asked similar questions recently but it's one I like to read answers to.
You can choose any city in the continental USA to visit on vacation for 8 days and 7 nights from December 27th 2024 to January 3rd 2025. You can't go beyond a 35 mile radius of the city during those 8 days. What city do you choose?

I don't really like to travel anymore. I'd find it much more enjoyable to stay home, sleep in my own bed, go to my own gym, read in my chair, and watch my TV with my family.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.