Gutter's 5 Questions for National Just Because Day 8/27/24

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter's 5 Questions for National Just Because Day 8/27/24

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Multiple option question. Answer ONE (or more if you choose to) of the options.
I have seen Jane's Addiction live several times. One of my favorite songs of their's is...
Just Because
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvQSVg5EOgs
option a. One a scale of 1-100 (1 being terrible / 100 being phenomenal) rate the song.
option b. Have you ever seen Jane's Addiction live?
option c. Is Dave Navarro in your top 20% of guitarists?
option d. Have you NOT heard of Jane's Addiction?
option e. Gutter has met 4 people who are/have been members of Janes Addiction (bonus - one time I was wearing a KU 2008 National Champs shirt). Who are 2 of the 4?

2. ________________ up. Fill in the blank.

3. Two parter. Psych claims he has had sex with two women in his life time. I am assuming his two wives.
That means he has only two women to base his sexual experiences on/with. Maybe that's a good thing?
Regardless.....
a. Being too personal, I have had terrible (or at least not good) sexual partners and I have had outstanding sexual partners. Do you consider your current (or most recent) SIGNIFICANT OTHER (not just some hook up) to be in the top 15% of your sexual partners?
b. Have you ever bought a car (and I mean - car/automobile/suv/truck, not a woman/man) without taking it (or the same model) for a test drive?

4. You are a gorilla or a chimpanzee in a zoo and it's lunch time, you have a choice between ONE of the following things to eat for lunch. You can eat as much or as little of it as you want. Which do you choose?
a. uncooked sweet potatoes
b. green apples
c. uncooked carrots
d. uncooked cabbage
e. Romaine Lettuce
f. termites and ants
g. celery

5. Two parter.
Yesterday I fucked up my back. At least I think it's my back. I lifted something heavy and twisted my back so that's why I think it is my back. There is a slight possibility it may be a kidney issue. I have had a kidney stone in the past. Couldn't pass it. I had to have it surgically removed.
a. Have you ever had a kidney stone?
b. Other than oral surgery, have you ever had a surgery that you didn't know you were going to have a week before the surgery took place? If you care to share what it/they was/were - please do.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Gutter's 5 Questions for National Just Because Day 8/27/24

Post by pdub »

1B. No
2. Giddy
3. Yep.
b. Nope
4. B apples
5. A no. B yes, tonsillectomy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

a 78.95
b Yes
c Probably/maybe
d No - I have heard of them

2. fill 'er or stick it

3. Nope / Yep

4. I'm not a gorilla or chimp so it's hard for me to answer. As a human - apples. As a gorilla/chimp - celery?

5. a. yes b. yes. Kidney stone removal and appendectomy.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1B) No
2) Beef
3) a yes b no
4) Romaine
5) No. Three surgeries for torn retinas
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1b. no
2. fuck
3. yes, no
4. I dunno, im not a goddamn gorilla. Termites ans Ants maybe? whatever fruit?
5. No. Yes, to reset my collar bone.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

1 - a) 50, b) no, c) don’t know, never thought about it, d) no, i know Jane’s Addiction…been caught steal in’, e) no clue

2 - fuck?

3 - a) yes, b) no

4 - a or c

5 - a) no, b) had a snow skiing accident when i was younger that landed me in the hospital
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:05 am 1. Multiple option question. Answer ONE (or more if you choose to) of the options.
I have seen Jane's Addiction live several times. One of my favorite songs of their's is...
Just Because
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvQSVg5EOgs
option a. One a scale of 1-100 (1 being terrible / 100 being phenomenal) rate the song.
option b. Have you ever seen Jane's Addiction live?
option c. Is Dave Navarro in your top 20% of guitarists?
option d. Have you NOT heard of Jane's Addiction?
option e. Gutter has met 4 people who are/have been members of Janes Addiction (bonus - one time I was wearing a KU 2008 National Champs shirt). Who are 2 of the 4?

The only Jane's Addiction song I am aware of is Been Caught Stealin'. I liked that one and thought the video was pretty cool when it came out.

2. ________________ up. Fill in the blank.

Man

3. Two parter. Psych claims he has had sex with two women in his life time. I am assuming his two wives.
That means he has only two women to base his sexual experiences on/with. Maybe that's a good thing?
Regardless.....
a. Being too personal, I have had terrible (or at least not good) sexual partners and I have had outstanding sexual partners. Do you consider your current (or most recent) SIGNIFICANT OTHER (not just some hook up) to be in the top 15% of your sexual partners?
b. Have you ever bought a car (and I mean - car/automobile/suv/truck, not a woman/man) without taking it (or the same model) for a test drive?

To clarify, I have had sex with two women, both of whom I was/am married to by choice. Blame it on a strict Southern Baptist upbringing, but in my younger years I was terrified of being struck dead for fornicating and, as an adult, had no desire to have that kind of connection with someone I didn't know well or was committed to.
a.) Yes.
b.) No, however, I think this is a flawed analogy.

4. You are a gorilla or a chimpanzee in a zoo and it's lunch time, you have a choice between ONE of the following things to eat for lunch. You can eat as much or as little of it as you want. Which do you choose?
a. uncooked sweet potatoes
b. green apples
c. uncooked carrots
d. uncooked cabbage
e. Romaine Lettuce
f. termites and ants
g. celery

b.

5. Two parter.
Yesterday I fucked up my back. At least I think it's my back. I lifted something heavy and twisted my back so that's why I think it is my back. There is a slight possibility it may be a kidney issue. I have had a kidney stone in the past. Couldn't pass it. I had to have it surgically removed.
a. Have you ever had a kidney stone?
b. Other than oral surgery, have you ever had a surgery that you didn't know you were going to have a week before the surgery took place? If you care to share what it/they was/were - please do.

a.) Thankfully, no. My sympathies, though. My older son had one he couldn't pass, and they had to insert a catheter until it came out. No fun.
b.) My only surgery has been wisdom teeth removal. I decided to be manly and didn't let them put me under. It was the most physically violent experience I have ever had and I almost immediately regretted my decision.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

1. A. 69
2. Two girls one c
3. Yes. Yes.
4. H. The little unsupervised suburban kid.
5. A. No. Knock on wood.
B. Yes. Cardiac arrest, I’d be dead without. Thanks someone(s) just like Shirley!

**copy and pasting answers here causes a lot of extra scrolling (I’m looking at you Psych!!!!). 😇😇😇
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

1-B. Yes, 3 times.
2-Crawl (it's an off road thing).
3a-Yes
3b- Yes. I ordered my Jeep Mojave before they were available to the public.
4- Green apples.
5a- Yes, probably near 100 of them.
5b- Yes. I broke my left femur hiking in Joshua Tree. I didn't realize at the time it was was broken, just a significant amount of pain. After about a week, I went to the ortho surgeon who had done my right knee and both of my elbows. He had the x-ray in the hall, and he said "you need to come see this!"
Bone marrow was visible in the x-ray!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy