Tristan out

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Tristan out

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:13 pm TGF having a role this year was pretty predictable. I thought it would be a lot because of his NBA athleticism and a little bit because of COVID. Turns out, a lot because of COVID but had to have him all the same. Wish there would have been more time for him to get some clock.
Just going for devil’s advocate downer pity here, but I wonder what this team would have looked like with TGIF getting mire clock during that January loosing streak when everyone else was suddenly so cool with just standing around
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:14 pm Without Jalen, I wonder how much small ball we’ll see.

Cuz even with Jalen, we had a 6’8” elite rebounder on the floor.

But Christian Marcus Bryce Och Dajuan seems like the kind of lineup to run a 14 seed out the gym
The most talented guys on the floor by far. You can guard EW with that lineup.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:13 pm That’s assuming you can’t play Dave more than about 20 minutes.

I’m fine getting Dave worked on Saturday and getting his stamina up for Monday if they play USC.

KU is fortunate in that EW, Wichita State and Drake don’t have true big men that scare you, but Mobley does.
Even with Mobley USC has 1 win over a ranked team (UCLA) that happened on February 6th.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Have we ever had a player that legitimately played 1-5?

CB is the only one I can think of.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm not so sure Marcus can guard big boy Tanner without getting in foul trouble.
We could pester them into turnovers before they got it to him - but if he sets up in the block...could be trouble.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Jalen..? He’s been a point forward, 4 man in regular lineup, 5 man for small lineups and also was a guard in his limited time last year.

Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:15 pm
So confused about COVID protocols.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:13 pm That’s assuming you can’t play Dave more than about 20 minutes.

I’m fine getting Dave worked on Saturday and getting his stamina up for Monday if they play USC.

KU is fortunate in that EW, Wichita State and Drake don’t have true big men that scare you, but Mobley does.
I guess we are just skipping over the fact that EW's best player won CPOY ( yes, proceed with the lolz because the conference doesn't count I supposed ) and is a big.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:19 pm Jalen..? He’s been a point forward, 4 man in regular lineup, 5 man for small lineups and also was a guard in his limited time last year.
That's probably the closest.

Hasn't really played the 2, though, and while he has ran the 1, it seems there is always a PG in there with him in those situationals.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:18 pm Have we ever had a player that legitimately played 1-5?

Marcus

Jalen
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Right? Was it one isolated positive and all negatives since?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Mobley named 2nd team AA yesterday or today.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Josh Jackson played that 'role' as much as CB has.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:21 pm

I guess we are just skipping over the fact that EW's best player won CPOY ( yes, proceed with the lolz because the conference doesn't count I supposed ) and is a big.
A true big that backs you down. Groves is kind of a hybrid big. But I don’t think he sits there and backs you down and does back to the basket plays.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And what’s the protocol for covid updates? Is it required to say who’s got what?

Could we used it as a strategic advantage to not mention who might be out and stuff, so that the opponent doesn’t know what lineup were fielding until tip?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:21 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:18 pm Have we ever had a player that legitimately played 1-5?

Marcus

Jalen
I don't recall Marcus at the 5, but perhaps he was. Obviously this all coincides with Bill's introduction into small ball.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:22 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:21 pm

A true big that backs you down. Groves is kind of a hybrid big. But I don’t think he sits there and backs you down and does back to the basket plays.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hard to tell against competition against weber state.

At least weber state without Harold "the show" Arcineaux
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:18 pm I'm not so sure Marcus can guard big boy Tanner without getting in foul trouble.
We could pester them into turnovers before they got it to him - but if he sets up in the block...could be trouble.
Are we sure Tanner is out on bail yet?