Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 887

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 887 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:22 pm when did nike become so monotone?
Overall they are not. Actually quite the opposite as my recent shoe and clothing purchases can/will attest to. That is just one small section of the store.
Deleted User 887

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:28 am Watching Beezos go up to space with some buddies in a giant peen.
My and I'm sure other's thought/s as well. They are lucky it stayed hard.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So you're saying that I'm not the only one who saw it?
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

saw wut?

jk. it’s been dubbed a billionaire cock measuring contest for a while now
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1969: that’s one small step for man, and one giant leap for mankind

2021: who wants a skittle?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

They didnt land on the moon.

Or even go into space
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, we know.

It was just a frivolous joyride.

With skittles!

In all fairness tho, what would be your go-to snack on a not-space ride?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I think I could go 10 minutes without food riding in a giant peen.
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:27 pm Yeah, we know.

It was just a frivolous joyride.

With skittles!

In all fairness tho, what would be your go-to snack on a not-space ride?
I'd prolly have an iced bottle of squirt.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:36 pm I think I could go 10 minutes without food riding in a giant peen.
Oh come on bro, just play along.

All you had to say was, smoked sausage, or corn dog, or banana, or pickle, or popsicle, or maybe bake a cake in the shape of a…rocket ship.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:23 pm They didnt land on the moon.

Or even go into space
Neil deGrasse Tyson was on CNN last night explaining how it was techincally space....but not really space. LOL
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So, the Red Bull guy jumps OUT of a craft at roughly the same altitude, but Branson / Bezos are somehow accomplishing something here?
Deleted User 887

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:00 pm So, the Red Bull guy jumps OUT of a craft at roughly the same altitude, but Branson / Bezos are somehow accomplishing something here?
Let's review and analyze the quoted post.

A. In the past two weeks Branson & Bezos accomplished...... Seeing a "dream" of their's gain fruition, flew in to space in crafts they helped fund and develop, and probably helped people (and the world) in many ways - both financially and through their companies.

In the past two weeks Plano accomplished...... Selling a boat or two or three? Maybe.
Buying a new Jeep? Probably not. Being a/an ______ (fill in the blank with a derogatory word) multiple times on a message board? Absolutely! Let's give him credit where credit is due.

But hey, let's all be like Plano (and some others on here) and ridicule Bezos and Branson - and then we should celebrate and praise Plano's accomplishment/s. Mmkay?

B. Unless I am mistaken, it seems Plano thinks 53.5 miles (Branson's flight) and 66.5 miles (Bezos' flight) is "roughly the same altitude" as 24.2 or 25.7 miles (not sure which was the "Red Bull guy's" jump). Ummm, no?
Seems that's almost like trying to say my 5 foot tall 11 year old nephew is "roughly the same" height as Tacko Fall and "roughly the same" age as him too.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:42 pm
Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:00 pm So, the Red Bull guy jumps OUT of a craft at roughly the same altitude, but Branson / Bezos are somehow accomplishing something here?

A. In the past two weeks Branson & Bezos accomplished...... Seeing a "dream" of their's gain fruition, flew in to space in crafts they helped fund and develop, and probably helped people (and the world) in many ways - both financially and through their companies.

In the past two weeks Plano accomplished...... Selling a boat or two or three? Maybe.
Buying a new Jeep? Probably not. Being a/an ______ (fill in the blank with a derogatory word) multiple times on a message board? Absolutely! Let's give him credit where credit is due.

But hey, let's all be like Plano (and some others on here) and ridicule Bezos and Branson - and then we should celebrate and praise Plano's accomplishment/s. Mmkay?

B. Unless I am mistaken, it seems Plano thinks 53.5 miles (Branson's flight) and 66.5 miles (Bezos' flight) is "roughly the same altitude" as 24.2 or 25.7 miles (not sure which was the "Red Bull guy's" jump). Ummm, no?
Seems that's almost like trying to say my 5 foot tall 11 year old nephew is "roughly the same" height as Tacko Fall and "roughly the same" age as him too.
JFC, you really are a twat.

I guess I was impressed that one guy arrived via a weather balloon, while 2 others cruised through in basically a modified air plane/rocket.

Plus, 1 of the 3 stepped out and free-falled back to freaking earth.

I was wowed when Robbie Maddison jumped onto AND back off the Arc de Triomphe in Vegas. You would apparently be more impressed by someone who took the elevator to the penthouse at Planet Hollywood.

As for my day, I accomplished a lot today. Telling you why would only feed your obsession with trying to build a false narrative of who I am.
Deleted User 887

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:03 pm

I guess I was impressed that one guy arrived via a weather balloon, while 2 others cruised through in basically a modified air plane/rocket.

I was wowed when Robbie Maddison jumped onto AND back off the Arc de Triomphe in Vegas. You would apparently be more impressed by someone who took the elevator to the penthouse at Planet Hollywood.

As for my day, I accomplished a lot today. Telling you why would only feed your obsession with trying to build a false narrative of who I am.
COOL!
I'm all good with what impresses you, wows you, and what you accomplished today.
I have little to no interest in trying to build a false narrative of who you are. I'm confident I have a pretty good idea. You're generally a nice/good guy who has his shit together but lets this place turn you in to kind of a dick - at times. ;) Amiright?
Anyways, enjoy the rest of your evening! May the NBA team you want to win tonight - win.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:28 pm
Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:03 pm

COOL!
I'm all good with what impresses you, wows you, and what you accomplished today.
I have little to no interest in trying to build a false narrative of who you are. I'm confident I have a pretty good idea. You're generally a nice/good guy who has his shit together but lets this place turn you in to kind of a dick - at times. ;) Amiright?
Anyways, enjoy the rest of your evening! May the NBA team you want to win tonight - win.
I take no joy in being a "dick", but I can see how folks could take it that way.

Bucks
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For real tho these memes are terrific

https://twitter.com/davemcnamee3000/sta ... 68869?s=21
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the only thing of redeeming value, imo, to come out of the bezos flight is that Mary Funk got to go
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:17 pm the only thing of redeeming value, imo, to come out of the bezos flight is that Mary Funk got to go
This