COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:30 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:26 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:16 am I was in NYC on Saturday night, and: Covid protocols are sort of awesome.

Several of the streets (think 46th between 8th and 9th) are closed off to traffic, and all of the restaurants have popped outdoor seating into the street. It's de facto open container in those areas, which means you can sort of bar hop in a way never before possible in the city.

Hope it stays like that forever.
A close friend of my wife is a midwife at elmhurst and has said similar things.

Also said during the heart of the pandemic when it was full lockdown that running/biking around the city was super cool/creepy in a way. Like a scene out of I Am Legend. Huge buildings everywhere and almost 0 people in sight.
Yeah, a client of mine would go on long bike rides through midtown, just right through Times Square and Columbus Circle and all of the other usual spots, and reported the same.
She sent a go pro video to us and it was so cool to see the city empty.

That's a bucket list city for me. Haven't been yet, but it's on the list for sure.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Because it is Missouri.....they don't trust vaccines, but they will take deworming pills meant for their cattle because it might help?

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/ ... 056251002/
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:44 pm Because it is Missouri.....they don't trust vaccines, but they will take deworming pills meant for their cattle because it might help?

Real doctors --> Not trustworthy
Facebook doctors --> Totally legit

When people ask why the stereotypes of rural people are the way they are, I'll just reuse this link. Come on, people.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:09 pm
japhy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:44 pm Because it is Missouri.....they don't trust vaccines, but they will take deworming pills meant for their cattle because it might help?

When people ask why the stereotypes of rural people are the way they are, I'll just reuse this link. Come on, people.
How many rural people are taking these pills?

Is it just "a few people" that this random question asker knows? I am not ready to condemn all rural people or contribute to a negative stereotype based on anecdotal evidence from a random internet article quite yet...

And sure, many stereotypes exist for a reason....and that's why it's not surprising this person is from Missouri.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm

Is it just "a few people" that this random question asker knows? I am not ready to condemn all rural people or contribute to a negative stereotype based on anecdotal evidence from a random internet article quite yet...

And sure, many stereotypes exist for a reason....and that's why it's not surprising this person is from Missouri.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it’s illy

never seen someone try to ride the middle of the fence so hard
Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:52 pm

You get it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:16 pm Image
vaccine isn't working. guess Lobster was right all along.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Wait wait wait. With the exception of our yellow friend there, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO GOT THE VACCINE WILL DIE AND NOT OF COVID.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:57 am
randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:42 pm
By taking a neutral stance on something and encouraging people to think for themselves? If half the country feels one way and the other half feels the opposite, its obviously worth considering both sides.
This is the singular most dangerous piece of drivel that has brought us to where we are. Often one side is just plain stupid and ill-informed (eg. flat earth, evolution, vaccination). The proper response to a flat earther isn’t “ok, maybe you’re right…..let’s compromise and agree that the earth is round in the middle and flat on the ends, like a cylinder”. The proper response is “you’re an idiot. Now shut up and go away”. That we didn’t do it for evolution deniers has caused us many problems (cf. Texas).

I’m so glad we’re finally going down this path for antivaxxers of calling out their dangerous position

Oh, PhD ain’t no liberal 😄
demanding universal conformity is the single most dangerous piece. there are often truths to both sides of an argument. its kind of like earlier this year when the same media hyping covid was demanding we needed to defund the police everywhere. and some big cities were stupid enough to do it. places like chicago, NY, etc. and then people acted sooo confused when crime skyrocketed right after. like seriously what do you expect
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

everyone is tired about hearing about vaccines. you nancys can cry yourself to sleep at night demanding everyone get vaccinated. but its not going to happen. and doesnt need to. get one if you want. I got mine. doesnt mean you have to. dont get one if you dont. the world is gonna keep spinning either way
Last edited by randylahey on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 89

lol

nobody is forcing anyone

fear-monger much?

edit: if you’re so sick of hearing about it, just don’t click on the COVID thread

:lol:
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

"I am not ready to contribute to a negative stereotype based on anecdotal evidence from a random internet article...and that's why it's not surprising this person is from Missouri."
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:42 pm Image
the thing is people like to use statistics when they are convenient. but you never want to mention that there was like a 99 percent survival rate from covid all along anyways (before vaccines). its not nearly deadly enough to warrant people being forced to take a vaccine against their will. and the covid deaths were reducing greatly before vaccines were being distributed to the population. which was expected all along, since that is how a virus typically behaves
Deleted User 89

and why it matters, here and across the world:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... c-recovery

... “But I think it's important also to emphasize that variants will emerge anywhere the virus is replicating in people to a great degree. And globally, there are so many places where this virus is just freely infecting people and replicating and it's those situations that are going to be generating variants at a higher frequency.”..

real normalcy will remain out of reach until we, as a global society, do better
Deleted User 89

randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:29 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:42 pm Image
the thing is people like to use statistics when they are convenient. but you never want to mention that there was like a 99 percent survival rate from covid all along anyways (before vaccines). its not nearly deadly enough to warrant people being forced to take a vaccine against their will. and the covid deaths were reducing greatly before vaccines were being distributed to the population. which was expected all along, since that is how a virus typically behaves
it’s about so much more than deaths...but i’m sure you know that (or should)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:21 pm everyone is tired about hearing about vaccines. you nancys can cry yourself to sleep at night demanding everyone get vaccinated. but its not going to happen. and doesnt need to. get one if you want. dont get one if you dont. the world is gonna keep spinning either way
I am personally sick of having to hear about covid. If everyone who can get vaccinated would get vaccinated, covid would be greatly dismissed and we wouldn't have to hear about either covid or vaccines any more. Pretty simple.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:28 pm

"I am not ready to contribute to a negative stereotype based on anecdotal evidence from a random internet article...and that's why it's not surprising this person is from Missouri."
I guess the humor in that went over your head?