republicans have no shame

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: republicans have no shame

Post by ousdahl »

McConnell also accused Obama of leaving scotus seats vacant.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The ouster of the State Department’s inspector general, who had been investigating Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on at least two charges of misconduct, is yet another instance of how corruption—and the tolerance, almost the expectation, of corruption—pervades the upper tiers of the Trump administration.

Pompeo may, at first glance, seem an unlikely candidate to get tangled in this web. He was the top-ranked graduate of his class at West Point (whose code of honor commands cadets not to “lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do”) and a church deacon with a strong moralistic bent (at least rhetorically).

Yet the firing of the IG, Steven Linick, appears to be Pompeo’s personal cover-up. Yes, President Donald Trump signed the letter notifying Congress that he was dismissing Linick because he’d lost confidence in his work. But when a reporter asked for elaboration, Trump replied that he didn’t know the guy, had never heard of him—that he fired him because “I was asked by the State Department, by Mike.” Meanwhile, Pompeo said that Linick hadn’t lived up to the department’s ethos and claimed that he didn’t even know Linick was investigating him. But the New York Times revealed on Tuesday that Pompeo refused to be interviewed by Linick about one of the probes—indicating that he knew about the probe after all.

[...]
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Feral wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:46 pm

The ouster of the State Department’s inspector general, who had been investigating Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on at least two charges of misconduct, is yet another instance of how corruption—and the tolerance, almost the expectation, of corruption—pervades the upper tiers of the Trump administration.

Pompeo may, at first glance, seem an unlikely candidate to get tangled in this web. He was the top-ranked graduate of his class at West Point (whose code of honor commands cadets not to “lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do”) and a church deacon with a strong moralistic bent (at least rhetorically).

Yet the firing of the IG, Steven Linick, appears to be Pompeo’s personal cover-up. Yes, President Donald Trump signed the letter notifying Congress that he was dismissing Linick because he’d lost confidence in his work. But when a reporter asked for elaboration, Trump replied that he didn’t know the guy, had never heard of him—that he fired him because “I was asked by the State Department, by Mike.” Meanwhile, Pompeo said that Linick hadn’t lived up to the department’s ethos and claimed that he didn’t even know Linick was investigating him. But the New York Times revealed on Tuesday that Pompeo refused to be interviewed by Linick about one of the probes—indicating that he knew about the probe after all.

[...]
Only the be....s.....

.....fuck it
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Just another in a long line of corrupt Republicans.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Geezer wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 pm Just another in a long line of corrupt politicians.
Fyp
Just Ledoux it
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

As pandemic bore down, Rep. Phil Roe snatched up Zoom shares, unloaded stock in cruise lines

With a global pandemic threatening to hit the United States earlier this year, U.S. Rep. Phil Roe made hundreds of financial transactions, buying stocks in companies now working on vaccines and selling other shares before a historic market plunge in March, according to a review of his financial records by The Tennessean, part of the USA TODAY Network.

While it’s unclear if the stock trades were based on information unavailable to the public, Roe's transactions occurred as Trump administration officialsheld pandemic briefings with members of Congress.

The Tennessean’s analysis showed Roe purchased stock in Zoom and Moderna, a leading company working on a coronavirus vaccine, prior to selling shares of Royal Caribbean Cruise and Disney, just days before those two companies shuttered operations due to the pandemic.

The East Tennessee Republican’s flurry of transactions included selling nearly 100 stocks over a two-day period in early March, just days before markets tanked across the globe.

Kyle Jacobs, the congressman’s spokesman, declined to answer several questions for this story but said Roe did not personally manage his investments...

In total, Roe’s financial maneuvers in the first quarter of 2020 included 680 transactions – both sales and purchases – involving more than 300 assets valued at between $4 million and $18.4 million.

[...]

Justice Dept. Ends Inquiries Into 3 Senators’ Stock Trades

Law enforcement officials told three senators that they would not be pursuing charges, but an investigation into trades by Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina appears to be proceeding.

The Justice Department notified three senators on Tuesday that it will not pursue insider trading charges against them after an investigation into stock transactions from the early days of the coronavirus pandemic did not find sufficient evidence they had broken the law, according to a person briefed on the investigations and congressional aides.

The department contacted lawyers for Senators Kelly Loeffler, Republican of Georgia; James M. Inhofe, Republican of Oklahoma; and Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California. All three had sold substantial amounts of stock in late January or early February when lawmakers were being briefed on the novel coronavirus threat but before the pandemic began roiling financial markets or was fully understood by the public.

[...]
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Republican "spine" sighting:

Sam Stein

3h
WELL NOW — Grassley shows some spine. Is holding up Trump nominees until he gets answers on the firings of IGs

Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

There has been a RUDY SIGHTING! The guy I dislike even more than Donald Trump.

Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Why does Rudy have the same orange face as Trump, and why is his mouth a different color than his face.
Deleted User 289

"By the way, there were ONLY 9 people, 9 Black people, unarmed, that were killed by police last year in America". Rudy Giuliani 06/04/20
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Grandma wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:34 pm "By the way, there were ONLY 9 people, 9 Black people, unarmed, that were killed by police last year in America". Rudy Giuliani 06/04/20
9 too many.

Same would go for any race's numbers too, fwiw.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:43 pm
Grandma wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:34 pm "By the way, there were ONLY 9 people, 9 Black people, unarmed, that were killed by police last year in America". Rudy Giuliani 06/04/20
9 too many.

I’m actually curious if you watched the video. This response indicates prolly not, as making this point to the reason gutter quoted it seems misplaced.

And yes, your response is not off-base other than to context.
Deleted User 310

Gqcolorado wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:47 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:43 pm
9 too many.

I’m actually curious if you watched the video. This response indicates prolly not, as making this point to the reason gutter quoted it seems misplaced.

And yes, your response is not off-base other than to context.
I try to watch as little of trump and/or rudy as possible 🤮
Deleted User 310

God I couldn't even make it 30seconds without hurting my eyeballs from rolling them..."trump has handled this perfectly". Sorry I had to stop.
Deleted User 141

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:58 pm God I couldn't even make it 30seconds without hurting my eyeballs from rolling them..."trump has handled this perfectly". Sorry I had to stop.
It’s gross, but you should try again.
Deleted User 310

Gqcolorado wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:58 pm God I couldn't even make it 30seconds without hurting my eyeballs from rolling them..."trump has handled this perfectly". Sorry I had to stop.
I did.

Why do white people always bring up black on black crime as if that somehow makes it less bad when cops kill people who don't deserve it?
Deleted User 141

A type of projection.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:13 pm
I did.

Why do white people always bring up black on black crime as if that somehow makes it less bad when cops kill people who don't deserve it?
My guess is the answer to your question is actually probably 1 of 2 answers.
Either they bring it up to deflect the fact that they don't give a fuck about racism and inequality OR they do give a fuck and they feel guilt and it's so uncomfortable of topic they are afraid to address it so they change it and eliminate themselves from the equation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:13 pm
I did.

Because the numbers help distract from the true problem. No different than going to "all lives matter" in response to "black lives matter".

The goal should be that no person of any race is killed or injured by the police unless there was absolutely no other option. We cannot continue to allow those given such power to abuse it against any people of any color. We need to inject money and education and opportunity into our less fortunate communities so that their chances to pursue lawful, successful lives is increased. Lack of money and legal opportunity leads to desperation and desperation leads to criminal activity.