COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:06 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:48 pm Do you shame people over the flu shot each year?

There is a decent chance covid is here to stay, just like the flu. We may never get it totally under control.
Dude hasn't been shaming jack. If you've been around at all on the board, he's offered learned insight as to all aspects of the virus, development of vaxes in gen'l, development of the covid vaxes in particular, the statistical variances in infection and morbidity for vaxed and un-vaxed, and the implications of acceptance or refusal of the vaxes for local and broader populations. Among other things.

Covid is not comparable to the flu. That's a childish deflection.

Just stop. You look foolish.
If you've been around at all on the board then you've seen me thank him numerous times for sharing his insights into all aspects of the virus.

And you'd also know that my stance on covid is about as close to PhDs as it gets.

I didn't compare covid to the flu. I simply asked him how he treats people that don't get the flu shot. Don't be childish.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Illy's gotta illy
Defense. Rebounds.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:22 pm
ChalkRocker wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:06 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:48 pm Do you shame people over the flu shot each year?

There is a decent chance covid is here to stay, just like the flu. We may never get it totally under control.
Dude hasn't been shaming jack. If you've been around at all on the board, he's offered learned insight as to all aspects of the virus, development of vaxes in gen'l, development of the covid vaxes in particular, the statistical variances in infection and morbidity for vaxed and un-vaxed, and the implications of acceptance or refusal of the vaxes for local and broader populations. Among other things.

Covid is not comparable to the flu. That's a childish deflection.

Just stop. You look foolish.
If you've been around at all on the board then you've seen me thank him numerous times for sharing his insights into all aspects of the virus.

And you'd also know that my stance on covid is about as close to PhDs as it gets.

I didn't compare covid to the flu. I simply asked him how he treats people that don't get the flu shot. Don't be childish.
Nonsensical, given your prior post.

"BasketballJayhawk". lol
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 863

I've posted plenty about covid...never once downplayed it. If you can't keep up that's not my fault.

"ChalkRocker" LOL
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I have met someone who shames people over flu shots- it’s my cousin and we all love her for it. She’s a neonatal/pediatric pulmonologist who knows exactly what she’s saying. She’s usually the person having difficult conversation with affected families. She goes through the entire spectrum of persuasion to get our extended family into obtaining the flu vaccine. She’s not afraid to encourage, persuade, cajole, threaten, shame and scare people as needed. We have have had people argue with her (including one of my sisters) but after Covid there was absolutely no resistance last year!!

PhD is right, and all caveats apply. If a vaccine is available get it, except if it’s for something not generally applicable (like HPV vaccines for males)
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Here you go Randy.

Even if you do get covid, if you're vaccinated you're significantly less likely to spread the virus.

Stop being a selfish asshole. Get vaccinated and you might save someone else's life.

80% of vaccinated COVID carriers didn’t infect anyone in public spaces — report

https://www.timesofisrael.com/80-of-vac ... es-report/
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I haven't gotten a flu shot for the majority of my life. I dont brag about it, I just tend to not get the flu.

Covid is more dangerous than the flu.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

I also haven't gotten a flu shot for the majority of my life and like you, I tend not to get the flu.
This year I opted to get a flu shot. I also opted to get the Covid vaccines. While yes, I am concerned about my own health, I knew I would have to be caring for and also traveling with my "compromised" 87/88 year old mother and seeing/visiting my sister who is on immunosuppressants and the vaccine basically doesn't "work" for her. So in other words, my getting vaccinated was for them and their well being too.
It blows my mind that people can't comprehend (and/or are just selfish fucks) that getting the vaccine isn't just to protect YOU but YOUR getting vaccinated might just protect those you care about too.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:05 pm I've posted plenty about covid...never once downplayed it. If you can't keep up that's not my fault.

"ChalkRocker" LOL
I addressed yr posts directly. You've deflected.

You're arguing like an adolescent.

Mimic that.
Deleted User 863

I wasn't arguing, though. I asked PhD a question. He answered. Why you spent your Saturday night worrying about a discussion between me and PhD is strange, but to each their own. PhD didn't seem to mind me asking, so why would you?
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I have my own views, and less patience.
Deleted User 863

Jon Rahm, who had covid 3 or 4 months ago and had to withdraw from The Memorial Tournament now has covid again and is being forced to withdraw from the Olympics. Guy just can't catch a break.
Deleted User 863

ChalkRocker wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:16 am I have my own views, and less patience.
Fair enough. But it wouldn't be hard to check my posting history to see i am pretty far from an anti-vaxxer and do not think of covid as the flu. If my question to PhD caused you to think otherwise then I sincerely apologize for that confusion. It was more or less about how we treat people when it comes to other vaccinations and not about the virus or vaccine itself.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

No interest in researching anyone's posting history. You made a post with which I took strong issue. I replied. you've back-pedaled.

We're good.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:17 am Jon Rahm, who had covid 3 or 4 months ago and had to withdraw from The Memorial Tournament now has covid again and is being forced to withdraw from the Olympics. Guy just can't catch a break.
Might not be able to catch a break but he's able to catch a virus. Or at least test positive for it.
Sad that we are STILL living in such an uncertain time in regards to a public health crisis that we have been dealing with for more than a year and a half.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:17 am Jon Rahm, who had covid 3 or 4 months ago and had to withdraw from The Memorial Tournament now has covid again and is being forced to withdraw from the Olympics. Guy just can't catch a break.
He should been vaccinated.

Sometimes you make your own luck.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The flu shot takes out certain variants, but is never all-inclusive either. It is a best guess based on the dominant strains. COVID was known well enough to combat effectively. As long as people combatted it. But like the genius of Scientology's restrictive membership rules, effective treatment took second place to the needs of virtue signalling the cult by showing allegiance to the cult over all else--especially the selfish needs of survival. Spoiler alert: people get on with their lives after pretending to know what a great person you were before you died of COVID. Soon, the cult will have shifted 180-degrees to worshipping the profits of pharmaceutical companies as before.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Shut up idiot. You don't know shit.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 am Here you go Randy.

Even if you do get covid, if you're vaccinated you're significantly less likely to spread the virus.

Stop being a selfish asshole. Get vaccinated and you might save someone else's life.

80% of vaccinated COVID carriers didn’t infect anyone in public spaces — report

https://www.timesofisrael.com/80-of-vac ... es-report/
I am vaccinated. Never said I wasn't. I got it fairly early on (elderly susceptible relatives). But I hold a lot of libertarian views and feel that no people, business, or governing body has any right to tell you what to put into your body. Especially when there is so much evidence as to why it isn't necessarily needed or helpful. there is also documented studies that a big chunk of the population has some degree of natural immunity... so why the fuck would we all need to be forced vaccinated
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:51 pm Shut up idiot. You don't know shit.
see and its people like this that is why our country is going down the drain. they dont want to have a realistic conversation. if someone disagrees or presents evidence that differs from their opinion they start calling people names. I am vaccinated. I am just encouraging people to make their own educated decision.. because for a lot of us it really isn't necessary. we own our bodies.. the government doesn't. Nothing should be forced. If the founding fathers were here today...... this is a very different country in a very bad way