COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jhawks99 »

Wiff wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:55 am
Wiff wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:46 pmI'm gay.
It seems Wiffle has been had as a result of leaving his K-Crim account open. Might as well just roll with it as my new identity.
Mrs 99 did something along those lines to me on the commie.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That was always fun in college, when we’d be all gushered and somebody would pass out with their Facebook page still logged in.

Oh, I see now that you’ve changed your profile pic to some sorta gay pirate now, eh?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:47 am Love me sum Chance! Nice approachable guy. Huge Chicago Sky (and other Chicago teams) fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgUp1e-2UTM
I have no idea who in that picture is this Chance the Rapper.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:59 am That was always fun in college, when we’d be all gushered and somebody would pass out with their Facebook page still logged in.

Oh, I see now that you’ve changed your profile pic to some sorta gay pirate now, eh?
The good ol' fashioned Butt Pirate.
Ain't no seats
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:06 am Maybe some good news in this study.

https://www.persuasion.community/p/the- ... hRj9EaGXD4
It's not good news. It just means that there will always be some new goofball conspiracy that some people will buy into right off the bat and eventually tire of until they move on to the next one.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:05 am
NotGutterGutter wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:47 am Love me sum Chance! Nice approachable guy. Huge Chicago Sky (and other Chicago teams) fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgUp1e-2UTM
I have no idea who in that picture is this Chance the Rapper.
Dead center.

Back to Covid.....
Fuck lazy co-workers!
I just told a department head that she is to blame for catering to lazy employees. I told her those who work for her are not happy that she has volunteered their services. It's one thing to ask someone to do you a favor. It's another to blatantly use people because you don't want to do your job.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Don't tell the guy his dog's heartworm medicine is ivermectin of he'll be eating one every month, too.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

That reminds me, I need to register for my J&J booster.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I don't remember if I've posted this or not, but a colleague of mine who's wife is a PA was telling me about the guy who went in to get a tetanus shot but refused to get the Covid19 vaccine.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

3rd Pfizer for me tomorrow.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:46 am I don't remember if I've posted this or not, but a colleague of mine who's wife is a PA was telling me about the guy who went in to get a tetanus shot but refused to get the Covid19 vaccine.
Mrs. Fish and I (and guppies) went to dinner Saturday night with another family. The conversation very quickly turned to vaccines, and specifically Mrs. Notfish's status as unvaccinated.

I don't behave in public quite like I do here - thank goodness - so I just laid in the background as Mrs. Notfish goes through the Fox News chyrons: vaccine was rushed/inadequately tested, one's God-given immune system works, and besides Mrs. Notfish has had Covid so now has natural immunity.

When Mr. Notfish (who very much is vaccinated) asked for my opinion (referencing me being a lawyer, no less, which: sure?), it became apparent to me that this was a wedge issue for the Notfishes, and I was being asked to back him up.

I just said that, from my vantage point: (1) whatever concerns could reasonably have been had about safety have been put to rest by three billion people in fact being safely vaccinated, with nearly no serious complications* and (2) whatever the efficacy of natural immunity, it would not personally be worth it to me to have to deal with all of the bullshit of being unvaccinated, just because I think I'm covered.

* I did become briefly KCrim-Fish. She said "that's not true, there have been millions of..." and I just interrupted, "no, there haven't," and moved on.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Not her fault for getting news from sQuirt.
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'm fully vaxxed so i don't care what anyone else does. but i do not fault anyone that has had the fungus for not getting the vaxx. natural immunity is a thing regardless of what big pharma and social medias whackjobs tells me.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

aka...i’m going to remain ignorant despite scientific evidence proving i’m an idiot
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it took me 3 minutes to shake you out of your tree.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

At this point, I personally don't think i'd go to dinner with someone who was unvaxxed.
I understand that when I go to dinner, I likely am in an area of several unvaxxed, but they aren't sitting at my table.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:25 am i'm fully vaxxed so i don't care what anyone else does. but i do not fault anyone that has had the fungus for not getting the vaxx. natural immunity is a thing regardless of what big pharma and social medias whackjobs tells me.
I sure as hell care what the people in my house do. My wife or eligible kids being unvaccinated, and thus foreclosing on a number of things we can do (or making them harder/less fulfilling to do), would leave me pretty damn bitter.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:37 am At this point, I personally don't think i'd go to dinner with someone who was unvaxxed.
I understand that when I go to dinner, I likely am in an area of several unvaxxed, but they aren't sitting at my table.
We didn't know. We would not willingly choose to go to dinner with someone who is unvaccinated.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:25 am i'm fully vaxxed so i don't care what anyone else does. but i do not fault anyone that has had the fungus for not getting the vaxx. natural immunity is a thing regardless of what big pharma and social medias whackjobs tells me.
I'd be curious to know what you mean by natural immunity, but I know you won't respond to this.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.